ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Got out to a few lakes today and had a great day. First lake was not that exciting, some new clad and a brass ring and the two keys. Second was better. First target was a merc, second was a wheat, third was the quarter. then the Garmin watch? Then the nice 14K ring, inscribed D.H. to W.K 6-7-58. Then the rosey. then the Sacagawea dollar, my first for the year. Third lake was a joke! Three zincolns. A good laugh and crossed it off my list.

This might be my 51'st gold ring. I still have to get one tested. Was a great day to play.

Upvote 21

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scubadobadoo Always good finds I really want to scuba dive that would be sweet some day when the money is right !!! Do you still detect much during the winter I know you seem to do mostly water??? Stay safe!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Scubadobadoo Always good finds I really want to scuba dive that would be sweet some day when the money is right !!! Do you still detect much during the winter I know you seem to do mostly water??? Stay safe!!!!!!!!

Dirt fishing in the summer for me isn't an option. Bugs and poison ivy and I don't see eye to eye! My E-Trac is waiting patiently for the water to get too cold. I don't wear a dry suit and this year has been exceptionally warm. As soon as I put up all my gear and my boat is out of the water, I will dust off my E-Trac and Sun Ray probe and play in the dirt.

However, when I can't dive, I can still wade with my waders for a few more weeks, and scoop a few goodies hopefully.

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Dirt fishing in the summer for me isn't an option. Bugs and poison ivy and I don't see eye to eye! My E-Trac is waiting patiently for the water to get too cold. I don't wear a dry suit and this year has been exceptionally warm. As soon as I put up all my gear and my boat is out of the water, I will dust off my E-Trac and Sun Ray probe and play in the dirt.

However, when I can't dive, I can still wade with my waders for a few more weeks, and scoop a few goodies hopefully.

how come you dont wear the drysuit? i have one and have only worn it a couple times, not sure why, just dont like it, its xxl and i still cant get it on by myself i guess is part of the problem, seems like its really short and tight

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I tried one. It was a DUI and heavy plastic. Every time I swung the detector it would go crunch, crunch crunch, underwater. Absolutely annoying. Cold water just isn't my bag of tea. I was thinking of a Kevlar dry suit. Just don't know if I want to shell out the dough.

I dove under the ice once for search and rescue certification. LOL never again. Anything I miss this summer and fall will still be there next year. It can have a peaceful winter without me trying to bother it.

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
I tried one. It was a DUI and heavy plastic. Every time I swung the detector it would go crunch, crunch crunch, underwater. Absolutely annoying. Cold water just isn't my bag of tea. I was thinking of a Kevlar dry suit. Just don't know if I want to shell out the dough.

I dove under the ice once for search and rescue certification. LOL never again. Anything I miss this summer and fall will still be there next year. It can have a peaceful winter without me trying to bother it.

mnes the dui kevlar, still hate it, plus the neck ring is so freakin tight, makes my temples bulge with every heartbeat...not fun

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Third lake was a joke! Three zincolns. A good laugh and crossed it off my list.

Aw c'mom man - How many other spots can you honestly say that you found a ratty garden hose, rusted bike relic and a $ store cell phone case, all at the same place within 15 minutes ??

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Aw c'mom man - How many other spots can you honestly say that you found a ratty garden hose, rusted bike relic and a $ store cell phone case, all at the same place within 15 minutes ??

What am I thinking! You are absolutely right Doug. Lets go back to find some more exciting trash!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome-work.gif

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your finds. Glad to see you are still doing good even though they shut down the Isle for now.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I love your avatar I tried to kill the bug on my screen.LMBO

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another great hunt, two more rings for the collection and a few silver coins to brighten your day! Congratualtions! :occasion14:

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats your killing it keep it up

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
I am with ya on the cold water diving. it's chest waders time and of course research time for spring. I do have some dirt to play with as well. Great hunt and gz on the gold!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats again my man.

You have found almost 10x as many silver coins as I have, in half the time. Thinking about that just makes me dizzy. Youch.

Best of luck to you sir!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work Scuba!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I think you can ride this streak of luck and hard work right into the first snow fall. lol
You have had a fantabulous season and it ain't over yet.
Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread