Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi gang,

Jeff and I hit our big,hunted out, field again since we are finding few new places to hunt. They were mowing grass and it was hot so we headed out of their way and into the shade. I decided to hunt around an old stump that was essentially level with the ground. I got a +14 VDI to +18 VDI signal at 3". It was out from the stump about three feet but right next to a root: and bing--the signal.

I had been digging more questionable signals, and collecting junk, but thought I might try again as I had not gotten a hit in a while. When I opened the clod it was next to the root and I had to change digging angles to even get the clod out. Then, there is was... Just the edge of some thing shinning in the sun. I thought I had another pop tab on edge but no....a little gold ring. It is very small, maybe a size 4. I can't read any K for gold amount on inside-- just a makers mark of some kind.

At another park, next to where I went to a wedding Sat (always check out your surroundings for possible dig sites) I was getting nothing and started to leave. I passed over some bark chips by a group of 4 trees and got a +74 VDI signal. Usually that signal is a beer bottle twist-off cap but I always check at least one 74 signal at a new place to see what it really is. And to my surprise, I dug a dirty ole pocket knife. After I got home I ran it under some water. I used WD-40 to lube and clean it, oiling the blade movement. It shines now turning out very nice. It is a CASE brand but the emblem fell out. I am now carrying it as MY pocket knife...lol

• From online:
    Pocket Worn Knife (781)
    Sold as each. 2-7/8". Peanut style. Tru-sharp surgical steel clip and pen style blades. Boxed. Manufacturer number: 781. Buy Hardware Supplies SKU #: 8095382. Country of origin: United States. Distributed by Case, W R & Sons Cutlery. $47.52
PS: Once the Case knife has been oiled--do not let your fingers get inside the blade arc area. Um...it closes faster than you can move your fingers but slower than blood can begin to flow.

SKD

The first place I dug and got nothing...then the kiddies came
100_1022.jpg

This is the stump - level with ground
100_1025.jpg

The ring hole
100_1024.jpg

The Loot
100_1034.jpg

100_1041.jpg

100_1040.jpg

100_1039.jpg

100_1038.jpg

100_1035.jpg

100_1037.jpg

SKD- Out

Upvote 0

joey

Mar 27, 2005
boston, ga
Detector(s) used
discovery 1100
you can go to the case knife website ! and by the numbers and x marks on it you can find out what year it is what the handle material is and all that good stuff ! great find case knifes are the best !! wtg

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds. Love that case, and its always good to find some gold. HH.....

OP
OP
SoreKneesDayton

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
joey said:
you can go to the case knife website ! and by the numbers and x marks on it you can find out what year it is what the handle material is and all that good stuff ! great find case knifes are the best !! wtg

Thanks Joey. I did and found the info.

SKD

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS: Once the Case knife has been oiled--do not let your fingers get inside the blade arc area. Um...it closes faster than you can move your fingers but slower than blood can begin to flow.

Umm...I hope you didn't learn that the hard way, Dayton. :-X :tongue3:

Congrats on those GREAT finds! :thumbsup:

Nana :wink:

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Nice... very nice. I like it when you describe the VDI's in the story line. It helps us all with our hunts. I try not to skip too many iffy signals that are lower on the scale but you have me convinced to keep digging all targets... Nice digs.. :thumbsup: jgas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread