Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Gold Ring, Father's Day

I must admit that I've had more than my share of discouragement these past few months. During the
warm spell we had in So Cal I spent a couple of 4 hour sessions in the dry sand and came out with only clad.
I MUST remember and not lose sight of the joys of the hobby. There are no guarantees and if we're not having fun .. well then "FORGET-ABOUT-IT."

I returned from a 5 day trip to Virginia (not enough hunting time unfortunately) which celebrated my
dad's 90th birthday (looks good huh?) and my step mom's 60th (yeah, younger than me). Got back here just after 1PM and I was so itching to do the beach.

By 4 pm I was hunting my local "special" Beach (with my White's PI). Not finding anything special but also not really caring. It was just so great to be on the beach. Then ... hit a deep signal (about 8") and it turned out to be a wheat penny. Nice! Circled around and about a foot away from there another deep and weak signal. I eagerly anticipated another wheat penny but it wasn't to be. It was round, gold color ... A RING! Not large one but with the nice 14K marking.

Oh Yeah .. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the dads out there.

HH Joe

Attachments

• DSC03546 sm.JPG
    DSC03546 sm.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 417
  • Gold sm.JPG
    Gold sm.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 414
Upvote 0

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008