Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy all,
Today on the way home from visiting friends I decided to squeeze in a hunt. I headed to the same baseball diamond that gave up my last gold ring. Like last time the targets were far and few between. I finally found a spot along the edge of the parking lot with a good amount of digable tones. Lotsa trash but a fair amount of clad mixed in. First good keeper was the silver ring. It was only an inch or so down and is pretty beat up. The band is broken as well, but silver is silver. Next good keeper came about 45 minutes later. I was almost back to the car and dug the little gold ring. It has 3 stones and is marked 14KP. I don't dig much plumb gold, but its always a nice surprise. I searched the last hour hoping to find the match to the gold ring but no dice. This is my 4Th gold ring this year. Looks like a good start to me, and I haven't even started water hunting yet. Thanks for looking and luck in the hunt.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Attachments

• DSCN0881.JPG
    DSCN0881.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 1,197
  • DSCN0880.JPG
    DSCN0880.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 1,193
  • RSCN0885.JPG
    RSCN0885.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,190
  • RSCN0887.JPG
    RSCN0887.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,199
  • RSCN0889.JPG
    RSCN0889.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,195
  • RSCN0891.JPG
    RSCN0891.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 1,203
Upvote 0

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great digs :icon_thumleft: ' your off to a fantastic start on gold.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like you said Juju.... silver is silver..
and gold is gold...just some gold is
better than others. Congrats on a good
short hunt. Gold Nuggets :hello:

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
C'mon Ju, you are slacking now :tongue3: Man you keep getting em'. Congrats again :thumbsup: jgas

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gold nuggets said:
Like you said Juju.... silver is silver..
and gold is gold...just some gold is
better than others. Congrats on a good
short hunt. Gold Nuggets :hello:
Thanks Nuggets. I am still trying to feel out the area we moved to. Seems to be great for jewelry, but if I want oldies I have to make a drive to my old hunting grounds. I willnever complain about gold or silver though. :headbang:
JuJu

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Detectingfreak said:
that sure is a beautiful gold ring! :thumbsup: Congratulations on hunting! :icon_thumleft:
Thanks Matt. Wish I could have found the other half of it. I think Kell is gonna end up with that one.
JuJu

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the gold.

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
You ARE the bomb! :notworthy: That silver ring is pretty cool.....the gold one is neat too! Have mercy! ;D

HH,
Moon

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tomharris76 said:
Ur killin me. Nice rings.
I do my best bro. lol
JuJu

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are gonna have to slow down on the good finds! your making us loo silly. lol excellent finds!! Keep on truckin! :icon_thumright:

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Your ear must be so tuned to those pull-tab signals! Either that or you leave a wake of plowing to find the stuff you do. Another set of great finds. Keep them coming! BTW, what type of rig do you use--coil, etc?

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Congrats on the great finds, JuJu!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_king:

You boys up in the Pac NW are killing this winter!

Green grass hunting in Feb. Nice!

I've had only 2 hunts so far due to the weather, and the last one was waaay back on Jan 16. Just too much snow on the ground to swing. I'm about going out of my mind! Keep showing us the good stuff!

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice JuJu!

I am confused though... Did you find the rings in/on the baseball fields or the grassy parking areas?? Only askng since I was thinking of hitting a couple fields but maybe I should concentrate on the parking areas... How the heck does someone lose a ring in the parking area?!?!

Beautiful rings!

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Silver Surfer said:
Very nice JuJu!

I am confused though... Did you find the rings in/on the baseball fields or the grassy parking areas?? Only askng since I was thinking of hitting a couple fields but maybe I should concentrate on the parking areas... How the heck does someone lose a ring in the parking area?!?!

Beautiful rings!
I found them in the grass along the edge of the parking lot. I hunt along these edges all the time. people reaching into their pockets for keys lose all kinds of stuff.
JuJu

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DMN said:
Your ear must be so tuned to those pull-tab signals! Either that or you leave a wake of plowing to find the stuff you do. Another set of great finds. Keep them coming! BTW, what type of rig do you use--coil, etc?
I use a Whites MXT E-Series, with a 950 coil. I dig any repeatably tone that has no iron bounce. Those that use MXT's will know what I mean. I also use a Garrett Pro-Pointer, and Lesche Digger. I concenrate hard on the appearance of my plugs and so you can't tell I was even there. A lot of my targets can be probed with a screwdriver at or near the surface. Thats where the propointer is invaluable. I could go on forever talkin about this. lol And last but not least. Most gold does not sound like a pulltab. It hits much lower. Because of this most detectorist skip the tones. I find more gold than silver because most hunters cream the high tones. Hope this answers your interest.

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope I am not being a pain, but is it grass alongside a sidewalk, or just grass in front of the parking lot leading to a field?
I only ask because the BB fields around here have huge grass/gravel parking lots (packed like cement), and then there are the grass areas just outside the fenced fields... I guess it would pay to go watch during games to see the traffic patterns.. I have done okay in the grass strips that lead to the bathrooms/concessions, but only on clad and millions of tabs..
But why the rings I wonder? Do people put them in their pockets and accidentally pull them out whilst getting their keys??

I need to work the BB fields more.. Unfortunately, my fields are less than a decade old, some only a few years..

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What mode do you use then, Relic?
I think I know what you mean, the slight, but solid beep interupted by the static of iron being discriminated out?
Still learning, and I have no doubt that without the advice or all you fine members, my finds would be less than half of what they are..
I am finding that the Black Widows are allowing me to hear a lot more of those subtle beeps amongst the many chattery Iron sounds...
I always use the Jewelry/Coin mode.. I also find all of my gold, or most of it I should say, in the 10+ VDI and lower.. Most show as foil..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread