Gold Rope Rings Vdi?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody have a rope ring, ladies preferably, to Vdi for me? I looked for a ring a while ago and later found out it was a rope ring. I'm thinking a rope ring might Vdi much lower than a solid ring type.

What "K" is it? How big/small is it? What is it's angle in the ground? What is it's shape? How weak or strong is the return? All of this plays heavily in what any gold ring is going to VDI at on most machines as they can appear most anywhere on the non-ferrous side of the scale. Add to this that your machine might have a completely different VDI scale then other machines.

OP
OP
M

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
What "K" is it? How big/small is it? What is it's angle in the ground? What is it's shape? How weak or strong is the return? All of this plays heavily in what any gold ring is going to VDI at on most machines as they can appear most anywhere on the non-ferrous side of the scale. Add to this that your machine might have a completely different VDI scale then other machines.

I never saw it. The lady only mentioned it was a rope ring late in the hunt and it didn't register with me that is was a rope ring because I never found one. Honestly, I'd never known a rope from all other rings before. I hoped someone here owned a gold rope ring or had one they could test.

I can cross reference between machines pretty well after owning many, plus that's an easier question for me to ask later in needed. Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions