Gold rush 2017-2018(spoilers!)

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
So I just watched the season finale and it was pretty good for how bland the series is getting.

Todd Hoffman: It seemed to me Todd learned a huge lesson in humility toward the end of the season. Started with three plants and ended with just one, fighting the city and state, and being shot at, he really didn't have much of a chance. He mentioned Dave Turin at the end of the episode. I doubt they will ever patch things up(but if Todd is truly humble, they might just). Having come no where near 5000 ounces and his team in shambles, what will he do this year?

Tony Beets: The band played on for Tony as what I call, "p*ss poor planning", came back to bite him in the backside. While he got well over his gold goal. His 2nd dredge is sitting idle for two seasons. Then he choose to fight Parker's attempts at freedom(he had a somewhat legal right) but it seems to me, that he is just burning bridges. With his 2nd dredge sitting in pieces and Parker being his biggest competitor, what will happen to Tony this year?

Parker Schnabel: Parker bet Todd 100 ounces he would beat him to 5000 ounces and he got over 6000. He fulfilled his contract with Tony, but about the other guy? Ken? Did he just drop out of that contract? Will Rick be staying? I am betting he won't be. He has his own claim right next to Tony. Is it going to be fireworks all next season.

All in all not a bad season. They need new blood for sure as the seasons "dole drums" can really wear you down quick..

Upvote 0

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
I would rather work with a six man team and dig 3000 oz at a cash cost of 700 an ounce than deal with 1000 an oz operation and all its added "fun"

I'm with you there.
Honestly my "dream mining operation" would probably be my wife, my son, & I with a 300oz profit at the end of the year. Plenty for me and small enough to be fun.
My 2 daughters and their husbands & kids could have the next two operations down the road :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread