GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lost all interest in that show, seems like I am just burned out over the S O S. and TV

I know how you feel . I think this is why each season I fast forward through More & more of the B.S.

Last season I ff through all of Beats & 50% of the Kid. even his grand father bored me so much, I ff through most of him. it was more like they brought him in to be Fawned over :BangHead: I'm surprised they didn't surround him & take turns Petting him & feeding him treats :tongue3:

this is why I feel I will be down to just watching the Original Todd Hoffman Show. (antics)
hopefully his Old Man retired completely

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll watch as its been so long that I have been out digging myself due to my knee. I need something to get me back into the mood of getting out. Still better than all the other crap on TV. Granted I will watch after the DVR has recorded and watch on my terms and after my eye heals. Had a slight accident where I fell through a ceiling. The eye is completely shut with 14 stitches.

Eye.png

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, she finally threw you that good ol left hook did she :evil6: hehe. Are the chalk marks still on the floor? Is her frying pan ok?
Sorry Az, I'm remembering the good ol' days when mining wasn't a crime°°°

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, she finally threw you that good ol left hook did she :evil6: hehe. Are the chalk marks still on the floor? Is her frying pan ok?
Sorry Az, I'm remembering the good ol' days when mining wasn't a crime°°°

LOL... I wished it had been her. I was walking in a catwalk above a ballroom where I stepped on a wood plank with my left foot. My right foot stepped on a piece of plywood that was not attached to the rafters allowing my right foot to push through. I fell to my right like a tree had been cut. Falling between two rafters hitting my head on the rafter on my way down. I fell 6 feet below where another set of rafters running the opposite direction stop my fall. I was very lucky not to have lost an eye. with all the crap belw the first set of rafters. So I live another day to tear something else up...

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's not shine that's a shiner! Dang bro nasty gash you got there. Put and ice cold beer on it then drink said beer and repeat.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
X-rays proved to be negative of any fracture of the Orbital Eye Socket. I was very lucky not to have damaged the eye. What I fell into had some very long 1/2 bolts sticking upwards. I took lots of beef Friday night at the poker table with that poker face...

Screenshot_2015-09-07-20-13-45.png

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
While watching UCLA dismantle Arizona I saw a plug for the new upcoming season for Gold Rush. The 2 hour show begins Friday October 16th. Can't stand to watch Bering Sea Gold so hoping Todd and his crew offer a good laugh this season.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While watching UCLA dismantle Arizona I saw a plug for the new upcoming season for Gold Rush. The 2 hour show begins Friday October 16th. Can't stand to watch Bering Sea Gold so hoping Todd and his crew offer a good laugh this season.

I saw a short preview while fast forwarding through commercials during Bering Sea Gold .
yes Todd is more interesting then Zeke, and 90% of the others on Bearing sea this year.
of course it means ignoring Beets and probably most of the kid again,
depending on whats going with him. which means 15 minutes a week of Gold Rush
worth watching.

Last edited:

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That preview was like a glamor shot for the groups of guys. What a load of crap. That commercial was the biggest turn off yet.

Ohhhh, watch the wind flow thru Parkers hair and the gold flies out of his hand. Crap.

I literally re-subscribed to the outdoor channel, just to watch a real gold show. At least Gold Fever isn't a glamour show for ass-bags.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That preview was like a glamor shot for the groups of guys. What a load of crap. That commercial was the biggest turn off yet.

Ohhhh, watch the wind flow thru Parkers hair and the gold flies out of his hand. Crap.

I literally re-subscribed to the outdoor channel, just to watch a real gold show. At least Gold Fever isn't a glamour show for ass-bags.

LOL I'm glad I didn't Back up & watch it :tongue3:

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bearing sea gold doesn't make me want to get out there and find gold like gold rush does. When I watch it I'm glad I don't live in Nome. I wish they would put Freddy dodge on more. He is one of my favorites on show. But he is to calm and collected to have the drama their looking for. Parkers kind of a as$ to his crew, but sometimes that's what you have to do to get production. I haven't checked out gold fever I'll give it a watch.

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tom Massie is well known for this show, imho, it's as real a gold show as one could make. First episode was in 1996. Low budget, lots of real gold situations with real miners and real clubs.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freddy isn't on the show because discovery channel wouldnt pay him what he wanted. Apparently, Freddy's pride as a miner is worth more than what discovery wants to pay to act like a moron.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread