GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I was impressed with Freddies reaction when Dave told him about the deal with Todd. He showed a lot of class.

The reaction of Daves brothers when they found out the other "investor" was Todd was pretty much what I expected. That his dad showed faith in Daves abilities was great! When he showed up with all those machines it was great! MUCH better way to invest than to give Todd cash to buy in! Now all they have to do is keep everything running and they might have a good season for a change.

Previews make it look like the "Hoffman Curse" strikes again!

I'm surprised the Whole family didn't Double over & fall to the Floor
pointing at dave & Laughing uncontrollably . of course I wouldn't be surprised to find out if he was only at freddies on days the camera crew were sent.
& that the whole thing about him working there was for drama. anyway..
My guess Starting next week the Whole operation goes in the Dumper.
and By the end of the season Dave needs to help Todd Cover their loses 50/50 :laughing7:

I'd laugh if those drill maps are Doctored :laughing7:
like the value of the
tiny little industrial quality diamonds last year :tongue3:

first time in awhile Parker impressed me.
When he said he was going to run that Dirt that wasn't showing any Promise,
No matter what :headbang:

You don't know what is really there till you run it.

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Tods big promise of partner and dave has the final word didn't last long! Tods already second guessing Dave , now that Dave brought in a lot of equipment and help! a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush?? maybe Dave should have repeated that saying to himself!

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The show and its actors are following a script. Why on earth is Dave working for Freddie for an hourly wage when he could be working in his family business? The only reason, the show knew firsthand that Dave would be falling back into the Toads hands. Dave's brothers walk out on him and Dad saves the day, if this was not foreseeable. Then how could Parker be surprised that they were running out of land to work when its right in front of him, drama, drama, drama? Freddie and company have signed on for the season but I bet they will not be back next year. They are getting very little airtime, why? Cause they do not play into the DRAMA that the Discovery producers want, they are miners and gold producers and not actors.

IdahoGoldGettR

Mar 13, 2014
Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Truth be told: Does Dave not know that there is a third party involved in this deal. One that requires a 20% take and 100 ounces up front. How convenient that Todd will hold Dave accountable for his 50% (good or bad) but the owner who's 20% is only for the good. I could not have accepted a deal with a third party involvement. Then again, I wouldn't have accepted a partnership with Todd.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth be told: Does Dave not know that there is a third party involved in this deal. One that requires a 20% take and 100 ounces up front. How convenient that Todd will hold Dave accountable for his 50% (good or bad) but the owner who's 20% is only for the good. I could not have accepted a deal with a third party involvement. Then again, I wouldn't have accepted a partnership with Todd.

yep something goes wrong & they only pull 100 oz. they are all in trouble :laughing7:

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Wait until Dave finds out that he will lose 10 percent. I was wondering the same thing weeks ago when Toad took the gold and cashed it in to buy the excavator. The property owner was to be given 20% percent. Toad was an idiot to agree to the terms and Dave is an idiot to be associated with Toad. Again its the DRAMA thing that the producers feel they need for this TV series, its getting old. Did Toad even bother to contact the owner? His deal is with Toad not Toad/Dave. Then the $500,000.00 is this the equipment Dave brings in as I am sure that is all leased equipment for the remaining season. Discovery most likely has a yard full of equipment, gold, actors, medic's, editors, producers, camera gear. staff, etc.

Last edited:

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They'll do well with Turin in running the show.
500 grand investment to be the boss? BOOM! Well done Turin. LoL @ your bro's reactions though hehe, that was classic. Get that gold.

The Hoffman's have a great looking family, when they showed their hopeful faces that their dad and grand would win this time, that won me over. Go 316!

I'd be even more of a joke and the biggest laughing stock ever if I tried to run an operation of that size. It's a steep learning curve, made more dangerous because of the short time. If you are going to screw up you do it at top speed; and unless its happening to you it's quite funny to watch, and makes for great TV. :)

I wish they could work something out with Dustin and Big Boot. I'm wistfully wondering what they are finding on the top of that mountain. Calhoun creek I think it was? <3

Yay Gold!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah.... I miss the Boot too. Granted I didn't like him at first when he scarfed up the claim from under Todd, but that was before Todd proved what an idiot he really is. Dakota Fred gave it his all to get to the bottom of that glory hole, but the terrain did him in. Diggin that close to the main creek couldn't have been easy at all and I think they were very lucky it didn't fall in on their collective heads.

It was Calhoun creek and I'd like to know how they're doing up there as well. Since Fred and Discovery parted ways I guess we'll never know now.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah.... I miss the Boot too. Granted I didn't like him at first when he scarfed up the claim from under Todd, but that was before Todd proved what an idiot he really is. Dakota Fred gave it his all to get to the bottom of that glory hole, but the terrain did him in. Diggin that close to the main creek couldn't have been easy at all and I think they were very lucky it didn't fall in on their collective heads.

It was Calhoun creek and I'd like to know how they're doing up there as well. Since Fred and Discovery parted ways I guess we'll never know now.

I won't miss Fred & his kid.
Heck even his kid doesn't have enough respect for him to call him "dad"

and in spite of the fact Todd has proven he doesn't want to stick anywere
long enough to give it a chance, Unless the
hints that Fred snaked the claim out of Todd's hands at first light.
Like it appeared was all fake for Drama.
claim jumping is still one of the worst crimes in my opinion.
Worse then being a horse thief imo.

Just saying if The Claim owner & Fred didn't double check with Todd
or the Producers before snaking the deal. they were out of line.

Last edited:

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reaction of Daves brothers when they found out the other "investor" was Todd was pretty much what I expected. That his dad showed faith in Daves abilities was great! When he showed up with all those machines it was great! MUCH better way to invest than to give Todd cash to buy in! Now all they have to do is keep everything running and they might have a good season for a change.

The whole segment with Dave and his family was the most scripted segment I've seen yet.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
guess I was the only one surprised when turd wanted 500k from dave.
I didn't see where turd put in 500k to start

all I can say is I don't want to hear any complaining from turin, he knows what he got into and with whom

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something's fishy about the claim....$3 million worth off test boring, overburden stripped, rich pay streak indicated....and the last guy just gave up ??

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
fishy is turd's middle name

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something's fishy about the claim....$3 million worth off test boring, overburden stripped, rich pay streak indicated....and the last guy just gave up ??

They said he went bust. Could have been from money mismanagement Or the fact they were trying to mine with all the old busted equipment

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They said he went bust. Could have been from money mismanagement Or the fact they were trying to mine with all the old busted equipment

Maybe the $3,000,000 they blew on test drilling emptied their pockets :laughing7:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reed was spot on. Sometimes we need to just enjoy the show. But I still see a lot of fine gold going off the end of those sluice boxes.

One thing has always bothered me about these shows. They will stop the wash plant for a clean and walk up the sluice box to check for any signs of good gold. The problem is that it often shows them digging down through about 4 inches of crap to see if there is gold in the bottom! The riffles are often completely buried. Are they really running their boxes with that much overburden clogging it up?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dakota Fred didn't claim jump Todd screwed up on his lease. Freds dealings were with the owner. @Jason in Enid I agree but, those are big plants that run a lot of material. Look at the size of gold recovered they must have to deal with that level of cons to retain as much of the fine stuff as possible.:dontknow:

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The riffles are often completely buried. Are they really running their boxes with that much overburden clogging it up?
You forget... there's a constant flow of water running over the riffles creating a vortex on each one which eventually blows out the gravel and leaves the gold. On top of that he's running hydraulic riffles which furthur more blows the gravels out. Nothing is getting clogged up, what you are seeing is the remaining flow of gravel (concentrates) once they shut down the wash plant.

IMPDLN

Mar 18, 2014
Central Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2100 V-2, Gold Bug SE, SDC2300, GPX4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I guess some people get the wrong idea when they keep muting the show or are skipping parts on the dvr. Fred didn't claim jump. Toad missed a payment. Just like a foreclosure or forfeiture, so Todd's fault there.

Now on to Dave going back to Todd. Smart move because the show didn't tell us squat. You see those drill maps are not mentioned when Todd leased that claim. Those drillings where likely done by the current or previous property owner, and like Tony Beets they tell the story. Fred Dodge might even end up over there again before the season ends, just wait and see. That claim is likely loaded and with a proper plan, equipment and crew, there will be lots of gold to be had from that claim. However, it is more than a one season job to work that claim to realize it's capability. How much of that claim are they authorized to work and for how long? We really don't know. The owners demands seem rather high, but might be worth it for the opportunity to work that whole claim till the end, if they can get a multi season contract after this first season.

We are made to believe the Dodge boys are sitting on some real rich ground. However they aren't living on that claim from appearances and even Fred said they are just making wages. My impression is they are only working it part time as they feel like it or are able to. Two different types of operations going on here. One large and one small. The Dodge operation seems to be in no hurry and maybe it is more of a weekend type mine, not full time.

Dave has likely made the proper choice, and not likely in hast, as the show might suggest. $500,000 invest is peanuts when you look at the potential of a proper claim like that. Even with gold prices dropping, I'd guess that mine property has $50,000,000 potential over the entire property, or maybe even a lot more. Yes I did type what I meant, 50 million or more.

Parker, you better dig that bedrock deeper. You didn't learn last year that you have to do more than just scrape the surface of the bedrock.

Tony.....kick that pig, lol. I wanna see that frickin monster moving gravel this season, lol. Dennis

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dakota Fred didn't claim jump Todd screwed up on his lease. Freds dealings were with the owner. @Jason in Enid I agree but, those are big plants that run a lot of material. Look at the size of gold recovered they must have to deal with that level of cons to retain as much of the fine stuff as possible.:dontknow:

yea I know he screwed up on the lease.
or at least that is the story told.

as I said, Fred was sitting on the fence like a vulture* also :(

that is still a claim jumper in my eyes.

I still remember the episode where he said he wanted the claim.
I think it was the 1st. or second episode after Fred arrived.

of course the Claim owner sent Fred, so this claim grab (theft, jump)
may have been in the works earlier.

& I'll bet there was no phone call to remind him.
maybe not necessary under the contract, But common courtesy
between "Real" men imo.

so unless Todd was already itching to go elsewhere,
and the "*claim jump" was faked for the show, that opinion of Fred
is Burned in my Mind by the Powers that Be and edit the show

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions