Gold rush

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also noticed they are using the exact same play-book for the script in guyana as in alaska. Tod comes in, spends a ton on equipment (and housing seems to appear out of nowhere) then can't find any more gold than someone with a pan and shovel. then the claim owner says he has to send in his man to make the decisions. Tod will start to find gold at the very end of this season and then get run off the claim. Same crap as before.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I also noticed they are using the exact same play-book for the script in guyana as in alaska. Tod comes in, spends a ton on equipment (and housing seems to appear out of nowhere) then can't find any more gold than someone with a pan and shovel. then the claim owner says he has to send in his man to make the decisions. Tod will start to find gold at the very end of this season and then get run off the claim. Same crap as before.

Hey now, I resent that I can find a whole lot more gold then Todd can with a pan and shovel- lol!

OP
OP
G1sammons

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
To be honest I think it's Todd not the show the man brings nothing to the table , it will tell you a lot when a kid takes a wash plant he couldn't make work, and. Spanks tod with it!
Best thing Todd could do is be a camera man .he had a good idea with the show but it's dam sure not his strong pointe to try to work the claims .
Now Parker's mot your average kid but still tod had twice the people and machinery ..

OP
OP
G1sammons

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Please, for the love of god, tell me you don't believe that's anything but scripted nonsense. :sadsmiley:
Well it's like this I think they alter things to make it a little more interesting for folks who know nothing about mining. But over all I don't think they are totally making a soap here .. I think Todd thought he was hot **** and he was gona go down there and teach them boys down there and how to mine ..
But to your question ... Yes there's a lot of scriped parts and things plugged in bout not they hole story... If so tod would not be making himself look like such a *******...

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Yep Tard Hoffman is brilliant. They find over a million bucks worth last year finally after bumbling along for the first couple of seasons so what does he do ? Stick with the sure bet ? Nah.. he leaves all his equipment behind, buys more equipment, and goes off to a place where he's completely clueless... I've said it before & I'll say it again.. He couldn't find a gold watch if it was on his wrist. Good thing the show is paying him 25k per episode to be the class clown.

Last edited:

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Personally I think it's just a case of their mojo being off, they haven't done near enough group hard hat clunks this season. I miss those!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Having spent real time in real mining camps, those camps do have their own share of real drama, but they don't have nearly enough that's predictable to pull off a TV show. That's why you have all the scripted nonsense and ridiculous drama that keeps the "action" going in Todd's camp and in all the other camps as well.

If you only set up cameras and recording equipment in real mining camps in real time, everyone in front of the flat screens at home would just fall asleep. Wait, let me rephrase that; they'd go into an irreversible coma. They wouldn't just fall asleep. It would take years before they came out of it.

So, that's why (money, money, money) they add in the drama (and the Ads every three minutes!! [A little hyperbole, but awful close]) and the dramatic statements of foreshadowing of all the possible things that may just go wrong.

And guess what? After they predict those things, they usually or always happen! However, lots of things break down and go wrong in regular mining camps--that's a fact. It's just that a film crew would have to shoot miles of film or fill memory cards to the max over and over until something really did happen. Or, as the film crew would succumb to old age before a season was shot, they'd have to keep finding younger workers to replace them.:wink:

All the best,

Lanny

glassbutterfly

Greenie
Mar 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been a loyal viewer of the show. I wish I had been asked to be on one of the teams in the Klondike. No South America for me. To muddy !! I would love to dig up some gold with one of those big tractors.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not totally scripted , but also not in the order things happen.

I believe When they get ultimatums they must show improvement or they will be kicked out,
it is scripted, after the fact they improved.
all drama in order to make people who care about them worry,
that they may be thrown out next week, so they tune in :tongue3:

same with Parker.
My guess they decided to start on the other side of the Creek &
got lucky & hit good ground.

So they shipped his Grandfather up
and are now pretending it was his idea for Parker to go over.

or they salted it & will show gold they found earlier & pretend
it was over there, to make the old guy happy.

Same with Tony on his being an arse over parker getting more gold.
The guy don't need it. My guess all scripted drama.
either that or he really is a Jerk.
Tony isn't going to work that piece of land, so why would he care if
parker finds 50 or a hundred oz ? as long as he gets his cut & pay from Disc. on top. it's like sending the kid to the sand box to play.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G1sammons

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
not totally scripted , but also not in the order things happen. I believe When they get ultimatums they must show improvement or they will be kicked out, it is scripted, after the fact they improved. all drama in order to make people who care about them worry, that they may be thrown out next week, so they tune in :tongue3: same with Parker. My guess they decided to start on the other side of the Creek & got lucky & hit good ground. So they shipped his Grandfather up and are now pretending it was his idea for Parker to go over. or they salted it & will show gold they found earlier & pretend it was over there, to make the old guy happy. Same with Tony on his being an arse over parker getting more gold. The guy don't need it. My guess all scripted drama. either that or he really is a Jerk. Tony isn't going to work that piece of land, so why would he care if parker finds 50 or a hundred oz ? as long as he gets his cut & pay from Disc. on top. it's like sending the kid to the sand box to play.
Agree Jeff except for tony I think he puching Parker just to make him take that next step ..... Not to be satisfied with what he's currently doing ....

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i dont know about you all, but i am sick of watching episode after episode of them getting their equipment stuck, anyone who has operating experience knows these clowns are grade a idiots, any heavy equipment in a swampy locale, needs to have a set of swamp pads, they could make them in a few hours, and never get stuck agian, if it is in the script, thenthey need to get a lil more creative.but i guess ill watch next week ,even if it is just to see them swamp another piece of equipment.

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scripted or not it is kinda entertaining.Parker definately shows his imaturity when it comes to taking advice from anyone other than grandpa. I mean really? dialing up big red without knowing what it can handle for sure? Just because you want 180 yards an hour doesn't make it so. Dummit was right start gradual. He knew it couldn't handle that much. He brings in these guys then ignores their advice until a problem hits that he was forwarned about. I'm starting to get a little tired of parker. Liking the Dakota boys a whole lot more. Hoffmans, I lost interest in them in the second season.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I'm also tired of the swampy get the equipment stuck or turned over thing. Maybe The Mother Channel can get the Mother Ship to come and use a radiant light beam to get the gold and diamonds. And those diamonds are a joke. Like $10 each.

OP
OP
G1sammons

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Scripted or not it is kinda entertaining.Parker definately shows his imaturity when it comes to taking advice from anyone other than grandpa. I mean really? dialing up big red without knowing what it can handle for sure? Just because you want 180 yards an hour doesn't make it so. Dummit was right start gradual. He knew it couldn't handle that much. He brings in these guys then ignores their advice until a problem hits that he was forwarned about. I'm starting to get a little tired of parker. Liking the Dakota boys a whole lot more. Hoffmans, I lost interest in them in the second season.
Parker might be immature be rember he's still just a punk kid what 19 years old! Come one he's kicking the crap out of what tod did last year with twice the people and equipment .. I'm sure he's gona make a lot of stupid mistakes along the way hell most of us do.. Well maybe he's not a punk just a kid ! Wish I saw some of the kids aloud my town trying that hard to do anything ...

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Liking the Dakota boys a whole lot more.
When they stepped in and took the claim from Todd, I could not stop bad mouthing them. Now, I am rooting for 'em. One place in the world I would love to be is with Dustin on that mountain top....

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Parker might be immature be rember he's still just a punk kid what 19 years old! Come one he's kicking the crap out of what tod did last year with twice the people and equipment .. I'm sure he's gona make a lot of stupid mistakes along the way hell most of us do.. Well maybe he's not a punk just a kid ! Wish I saw some of the kids aloud my town trying that hard to do anything ...
He's getting it done. He will grow out of treating everyone around him like inferiors. His dad should take him around the woodshed and teach him how to talk to people like people, though. Def speed up the process.

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Parker is young but he's got gold thumbs, he just needs to follow his instincts more and listen to what his grandfather said about how and where to find gold, cause he has the prime location. I cant stand the other guys whinning about spilt milk issues... just git the gold!:happysmiley:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still watching the show, but I have to DVR it and skip through the Hoffman's part, I hate to see miners looking like bafoons. The worst part is the old man in that high pitched, grating voice, "we can still make millions" :tongue3:.........what ever.

Cahoon creek looks promising for the Dakota boys, what fun it would be to get some machinery into a promising virgin spot like that.:thumbsup:

I predict a happy ending for Parker's season, he threw a couple fits, acted like a child a time or two, but they are gonna make bank on the other side of the river, and everyone will love him again.:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread