Gold & Silver 4 Ring Day with my First Go-Pro Video

Detectorinator

Dec 27, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put in a 5 hour water hunt on Sunday and was fortunate enough to find 4 rings- 2 Gold and 2 Silver. The large yellow gold ring is 18K and the smaller white gold ring is 14K. It was my first time out since I mounted my new Go-Pro to my detector shaft. I just created a You Tube account so this is my first video posted there. After making this video I have a new found respect for all you hunters who take the time to create these videos for everyone to watch. It was not easy but I hope you enjoy it! IMG_0425.JPG

Upvote 0

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Enjoyed the vid! Thanks for posting. Also, Congrats on the ring finds! Out of curiosity, are you fanning first to see if the target is shallow and if you can't see it, grab the scoop?

OP
OP
D

Detectorinator

Dec 27, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jay. Since this was my first time using the go-pro I was trying to capture the finds on camera coming out of the sand. The four rings actually sounded like good targets before I started digging so I tried to fan them out first. When that didn't happen fast enough (I'm impatient) I got the scoop and just dug them out. Most targets that day I just scooped out but these 4 sounded promising from the start.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video...what state are you in?...congrats on two nice gold rings.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video and great hunt. Congratulations on your finds.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great video presentation, Detectorinator!

I like the way you showed the close-ups of the ring finds...and the "thumbs -up" signal.

I recognized the initials on one of the ring finds E.S.L...I taught an evening class "English as a Second Language " a few years ago:laughing7:

The ring finds are beautiful...great job!

Lorraine

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Super hunt with great finds. I also like the fact that you show a picture of your finds as well as the video. So many of the gng's are now posting video's that some times you just want to see what they found and not a long video. I on the other hand tend to watch the video's to learn anything new that I might not already know. Always willing to learn new things. Question are you scuba or snorkling?

OP
OP
D

Detectorinator

Dec 27, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super hunt with great finds. I also like the fact that you show a picture of your finds as well as the video. So many of the gng's are now posting video's that some times you just want to see what they found and not a long video. I on the other hand tend to watch the video's to learn anything new that I might not already know. Always willing to learn new things. Question are you scuba or snorkling?

Thank you everyone for the kind words. Mumszie- I am snorkeling in this video but hope to have some future videos when I am scuba diving.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions