GOLD silver lead. M is for MINE. Indian head, merc buffalo

silversweeper

Aug 22, 2011
Swampeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With several experienced detectorists around the area good finds can be few and far in between, but sometimes the few make all the empty swings worth it! Here are finds from 3 different hunts. The Gold and silver ring is not inscribed on the inside so it gets added to my treasure box/son's college fund. I think the M is for Mizzou or Missouri but ....this time, M is for Mine. It was, other than 36 cents in dimes/nickel/penny clad, my only good find on one hunt at an old school. The ground was absolutely the hardest packed dry clay that I've ever willingly dug in! It hit as a solid 1-41 at about 8 inches on my etrac so I was thinking "please be silver dollar and not coke can". When I finally chipped down to where it was and saw that it was a ring, I did a little happy dance....right out there in the blazing sun. Anyone watching probably thought I'd cracked from over exposure to heat/sun...lol. Of course I was even happier when I got it cleaned off later and discovered that it was Silver AND Gold! Wahoo....first gold for 2012 for me and heck, it even fits my right hand ring finger if I had a reason to wear it...lol. The '43 merc was the only silver of 3 dimes I dug at a short 30 minute hunt on a yard where sod had been removed. Too bad it's a little bent but....silver is silver. The 1881 indian is worn pretty smooth but still in decent shape. Found it, the '25 Buffalo, the '37 wheatie, and the 2 69 cal. round balls at a long VERY HOT 3+ hour hunt in a hunted out spot I like to visit occasionally when I don't mind going slow and testing my bond with my etrac. The one round ball closest to the merc appears to be carved, although I'm not sure what the purpose was. There is a ring carved around it, perhaps to remove the mold line for some reason, and then on one side are three little flat circular spots right together in a triangle. Odd. Last find pictured is a snall rectangular piece that may have been a leftover part of a small lead ingot. Not sure on that one, it has some strange marks on one side and nothing on the other. Oh and then the little sliver of flowery china. May use that in a piece of jewelry someday, who knows.... HH to all!!

Attachments

• 624finds.jpg
    624finds.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 624finds1.jpg
    624finds1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 108
  • 624finds2.jpg
    624finds2.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 0

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds under these conditions in S. e. mizzou. need a jackhammer about now! congrats S.S.!

Steveo

Jun 12, 2012
upstate Ny
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett gtp1350, Garrett ace150, Whites M6, Whites XLT, Whites QTX, Tesoro Silver Umax,
(RETIRED> ☆Whites Coinmaster TR, ☆Whites Coinmaster 2 TR AM)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya got a lil of everything there.Good show...............................:icon_thumleft:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds - nice looking ring :thumb_up:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Man I would take finds like that any day. Nice variate. I'm a feeling a little jealous right about now.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread