Gold-Specific Locating Technology

GaBnn3

Dec 10, 2004
Hi all. I'm kind of old fashined in certain ways and am the last to catch on to the latest gadgets, cell phones for instance. When it comes to my cache hunting hobby, I'm still in metal detecting mode. One practical limitation to metal detecting is the time required to hunt a vast area for a known cache. Lately on this site I've seen reference to device(s) that can provide a bearing to gold at a distance. Such technolgy provides a solution to that metal detecting limitation if it exists. Is such technology a reality. Of course, I have a practical reason to be interested. Thanks for any advice.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are referring to what are called "long range locators" and they are a scam. Every last one of them is pure BS scam.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If a device like that existed all the gold would have been found by now.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously if such a device existed they wouldn't be selling them to people they would be out digging gold.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
leprechaun.jpg

OP
OP
G

GaBnn3

Dec 10, 2004
Thanks for the replies. I suspected as much. But, since I'm at that point I'm open to anything except ouiji boards. I miraculously located the remote homestead of a logger who sold ship masts to the Boston shipyards 1730's-40's, only accepting gold coin as payment. This would make that pot o gold George II guineas. He was killed in a logging accident leaving his cache where he hid it. I detected his homestead to no avail. Random detecting of vast surrounding wooded area is only option for me. He would have been gone months at a time floating his logs downstream in the spring and I suspected I would find nothing in close proximity to the cabin. It kind of rough going to reach it unnoticed. So each trip is special. As a married working guy it's now time prohibitive for any further trips without a breakthrough. I'd also heard of aura photography using a Polaroid land camera. But, I'm not aware of any success there either. I was willing to partner with a guy with a device who seemed to believe it worked. But haven't heard from him lately. I was curious about the technology. Anyway, that explains my motivation for posting. Thanks again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread