GOLD Sweet Yeller GOLD! WOW! What A Day!

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay...WOW! What a day!

I decided to go back to the spot I hunted this morning. As I posted earlier today I had already found a buck pin and buckle there.

I just had this feeling I had missed something. So I walked to the same area and started digging old fruit jar lids. I'm sure they have these on the moon.

Then I dug a bunch of trash like tabs and such. The Tesoro DeLeon would say TAB and it was another stinkin TAB.

Finally I get this obvious TAB sound and I almost didn't bother to look at the TID (meter). But I did and saw that it read in between TAB and Zinc. But I was getting sick of TABs and almost walked away.

Finally I decided to turn up the discrimination and make some more swings just in case. Sure enough...even at max (between TAB and Zinc Penny) I still got a solid sound.

Out came my trusty Mighty Diggin Tool and down about 5 to 6 inches I pull out this wad of dirt that almost blinds me with reflected sunlight! Man 0 man! There just ain't nothing like the sight of shiny gold on a hot sunny day! :o

After this I dug an old iron buckle (the ground is full of these) and headed back to the house. I rinsed it off and snapped this picture.

I checked it out and it's gold alright. Down that deep in Michigan it's been there a while.

Thanks for looking!

Photo removed to save space 6-17-06

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread