Jul 24, 2006
LOUISIANA
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chances of finding gold with a CZ20 are better than average if you hunt for gold rings at a swim area or on the beach. As for nuggets, you may as well play the lottery. The detector doesn't have enough gain to be a nugget shooter. But it will sound off on a large shallow nugget, but then about any thing will but Radio Shack detector.

You will be lucky if you get half the price out of the Fisher CZ20 now that they are no longer made and they charge more for repairs than a new one from another manufacturer. Fisher is now owned by the same company that owns Bounty Hunter.

A good nugget detector costs lots less than the CZ20, however it is a good beach machine.

HH<
Sandman

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Maybe Mr Bill can modify it like the Whites PI. He did mine, and it is gold jewelry finding machine! I think it only works on PI machines though. Check his site- Do A search for Mr Bill. I didnt think CZ-20s were a very good beach machine though. I have walked behind people with them, and they just cant pick up in salt like a PI. I pick up all the stuff they miss. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread