Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quick, Hurry and get more buckets , lotsa more buckets......geo

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Wow those are a couple nice pickers for that much material. Are you working the bedrock, or are you working an old bench?? If you were to move a volume of that material, you would have some real nice gold! How is the fine gold in that spot?

OP
OP
spawn00x

spawn00x

Jan 25, 2009
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70
its actually on the side of a hill just above a bench. There is not too much small stuff, i guess most of it has been washed down.

keverett said:
Wow those are a couple nice pickers for that much material. Are you working the bedrock, or are you working an old bench?? If you were to move a volume of that material, you would have some real nice gold! How is the fine gold in that spot?

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Well with that much coarse stuff still in the hillside, you might want to check the low spots of the bench for little nuggies that have hidden down a ways. Are you using any kind of metal detector to assist in your hunts, or are you just reading the land and digging a few buckets? Not to pry, just wondering if you are doing that well just by reading the lay of the land and using good ole common sense, or if you are locating the pay streaks with a detector.

OP
OP
spawn00x

spawn00x

Jan 25, 2009
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70
I'm sampling in a claim area that belongs to one of the members in our gpaa group. Ive tried using my detector in this area, but there is a lot of iron trash in the area and hotrocks...

keverett said:
Well with that much coarse stuff still in the hillside, you might want to check the low spots of the bench for little nuggies that have hidden down a ways. Are you using any kind of metal detector to assist in your hunts, or are you just reading the land and digging a few buckets? Not to pry, just wondering if you are doing that well just by reading the lay of the land and using good ole common sense, or if you are locating the pay streaks with a detector.

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Iron trash and hotrocks.......sounds like the story of my life!!! I understand completely. Hunting here in Central California is exactly like that. Well best of luck to you, and keep after those illusive little guys!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions