Gold

drbecker

Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would ask $80 a gram which is about twice spot. I would not take an offer less then $50 a gram which is a $10 premium over spot. That is such neat stuff it has to be worth more then melt.

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I would ask $80 a gram which is about twice spot. I would not take an offer less then $50 a gram which is a $10 premium over spot. That is such neat stuff it has to be worth more then melt.

funny you think that sponge gold is neat looking most folks turn there nose up at the stuff.

thanks for the complement, i like how the stuff looks too, but i will probably end up having to smelt it to sell.

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 784527 View attachment 784523 View attachment 784524

I call this sponge gold, it might wrong word for it, this is what you end up with after retort amalgam.

If i was to put it into nitric to remove merc i would end up with a pile of powder.

that stuff from the 16 to 1, i would call crystalline gold, i found it like that in small blebs in the vein before. very nice stuff ! thanks for the info, Oak
you can also use hydroflouric acid to remove the hematite/quartz from the gold in some cases it ends up looking alot like that 61 to 1 gold sponge gold.

if you pour hot molten gold into water you end up with some rather fancy looking pieces, next time i smelt i will make some water nuggs and get a pic.

heres a pic of fine gold, pregnant amalgam, and a fatty sponge nugg.

should fetch 350, for my gold if not i will take what i can get, jeannies grubstake this time!

Last edited:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Man I could see a big pay day coming.
Dang Tramp, I thought you dug it out of the ground like that:BangHead:

I watch those sites because I love to see the pieces from the 16-1 and Round Mountain, as well as the pieces from OZ

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Man I could see a big pay day coming.
Dang Tramp, I thought you dug it out of the ground like that:BangHead:

I watch those sites because I love to see the pieces from the 16-1 and Round Mountain, as well as the pieces from OZ

i love that 16 to 1 mine !!! i dont really have time to get on those sites, my computer is extremly slow so the only site i go to is this one.

I think i said this before my final take wont be realized for a couple years yet, it takes a while to build a good sized pile worth milling.
it will take me more time and effort to pcocess, than it took to get the stuff out and off the mnt.
hopefull to be able to make a movie of the process.

Herb....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread