Gold?

Ihyn

Sep 11, 2018
Hedmark
Detector(s) used
Minelab - Equanox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone tell me if its a small gold piece or not?
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1537115287.873824.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1537115297.542740.jpg

Upvote 0
I'd have it tested.:icon_thumright:

Try to mash it with a heavy knife or tip of screwdriver. If it doesn't crumble, but leaves a dent, it's metal not pyrite or galena.

looks like gold to me. dont scratch it. looks like the edges have been polished from rubbing, in your pocket or handling? during removal. did you find it in a bedrock crack?

Looks like “lode” gold and not a nugget. I found one almost identical last week. Find it on top of bedrock somewhere?

Looks like a coarse gold nugget, but hard to tell from the grainy picture.

Do a scratch test on the back of a unglazed bathroom tile. the scratch should be of gold in color! Very simple! And DONT try to smash it or youll lose the value of the nugget.

Do a scratch test on the back of a unglazed bathroom tile. the scratch should be of gold in color! Very simple! And DONT try to smash it or youll lose the value of the nugget.

or the underside of a porcelain toilet tank lid

Last edited:
If it’s gold, it should weigh between 8-10 grains.
Anybody else care to guess the weight?

looks like gold in matrix that has worn down, test for electrical conductivity, look at it under magnification.

If it’s gold, it should weigh between 8-10 grains.
Anybody else care to guess the weight?

if it was gold it would be over half a gram or more ... with quartz or other host rock maybe right at or under that.

Not much info

how was it found?

what does it weigh?

I'm gonna be the one to say that it isn't gold

its catching light...not showing actual luster

if you look at the edges that shine, that tells me its gold. i have a couple that are very dull except the sharp edges that got worn from me removing it, and it clinking around other nuggets. id say its a grammer. 1.2 is my guess.

I'm going to take the points.:thumbsup:

Had it tested at a gold store. Wasn't gold unfortunately :-(

Well you got a heck of a lot of free input for the very little info you provided.
At least you checked back in and gave an update.

you fooled me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back