GOLD!!!!!

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Weeki Wachee, FL (north of Tampa)
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Over the last few days Ive gotten in about 4 or 5 hours of hunting.? I went to an old motel and found a couple of wheaties and figured there's got to be silver. The very next signal was the 46 Rosie. First silver since my first find. Decided to go back the next day, nothing but a few clad and the key (I think it is for a lawn mower). I may have gotten more if the parking area wasn't so hard to dig (compressed stone). Next went to an empty field that looked like it once had a house on it. That's where I found the fridge magnet and a few more clad. Yesterday I stopped by a park and found around $3.00 in clad in just over 1 hour. 1 wheatie and the watch. It was getting dark so I had to go. Went back today and there was a old church next to the park, so I figured I would check it out. Found another $3.38 in clad. NOW the finish!! At the church in the parking area near a tree I got a quarter signal, I moved the leaves and there was a quarter and the necklace just laying there. The quarter had been there awhile so I figured the chain had as well.? Its hard to tell with gold.? It's marked .750 and weighs 14 grams. ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• 4-23-05 Finds.jpg
    4-23-05 Finds.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 467
Upvote 0
Thats a hell of a necklace! .750 would mean 18K gold, and 14 grams is quite a bit of it too! Nice pile of clad as well. It adds up quick!! Nice score!!!!!!

Cool stuff!

HH

Lonewolfe

WTG my friend! You did good. That necklace is looking at ya! Hope you continue to find some great stuff along the way. Happy hunting.

You forgot to mention anything about the marble... :P but, who would with all that Silver & Gold around... ;D
Great haul, WTG!

Thanks everyone! :) It really is a great feeling when you find gold. After I posted this I remembered this is actually the second 18K gold chain I've found. The first is when my wife and I were on vacation in St Kitts and on the way back to the car I looked down and there was a glint of gold. I picked it up and it was a tennis bracelet 18 k and 28 grams with diamonds. That was a rush!!! Maybe I'll post a pic in my best finds when I get a chance.
Thanks again everyone
Baddog1 HH

Great digs and great finds. Always glad someone is finding the good stuff. Keep up the good detecting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back