Gold!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Thanks for getting together today to Mayo, Kimsdad and Mikelb. Short and hot digs for me but I had fun as always. Got the 55 D wheatie soaking to see how it looks clean. The gold pin I found says it's from the old L.C. Smith typewriter company, I think it became Smith Corona some time ago, the company goes back quite a ways. Still can't tell the date on the buff I got today. The back is pretty clear but the front is encrusted just enough to blur it up.

Gonna kill that bobcat driver, anyone who saw it would call it self-defense.

Attachments

• LC Smith pin.jpg
    LC Smith pin.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 206

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find bud!!!

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Nice find Lowbatts!!! It sure came up shiny! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks a bunch for the invite. Mayo & I stayed awhile & worked the piles. I got a junky 10K plated (lots 'o' green coming through) ring.

Congrats Mayo for your nickel!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That green disk was a '28 wheat. No Indian, but an old coin and a fun hunt! :)

Mayo South Elgin

Feb 5, 2007
South Elgin IL
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a fun time today dodging the cat driver who thought he was in that new movie Death Race or whatever it's called. Imagine having prime digging area open up right before your eyes, only to have recycled asphalt spread over it and rolled before you get a chance to dig the goodies! Dirt was cut away to make bike paths or re-route a road, and some of the dirt was put in piles in the park, and several truckloads of it were placed off site at the construction company yard. Gonna have to check that out!

Today's finds included 3 nickels: a 1944, a 1988, and 1980, a bullet, tons of pull tabs, 3 rusty bent nails, and a bunch of clad from morning sand playground digs.

It was great meeting Kimsdad and Mike.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
M1903.jpg

rem_1903_294.jpg

ironic a type writer company making rifles
:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Yep Warsawdaddy, the same bunch made firearms prior to 1889, when they hit the typewriter business.

Hopefully they're doing the next section cutting now and are gonna get rained out before rolling it today. Hope to see you there Mayo. Gonna nap this morning for a bit (just got off work) then head over probably about 9:30.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread