Golden Beach gives it up again !

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well I met up with my hunting buddy Leprechaun today bright and early... I was up all night thinking of a plan that I wanted to put together today... we went back to a hunted out area today...lolol.... at least that's what we thought... I had been working on some new settings for my Minelab 30 - 30 and I wanted to put it to the test today....I walked away today at the end of a 2 hour hunt with 5 rings... 2 - 10 K yellow Gold.....1 Platinum Wedding Band.....1 - 925 er....and 1 - junker....all very old antique rings... These rings have been down deep in the mud for many years.... all but 2 sounded like junk targets... I can not stress enough to all my friends... dig it all.... 3 of these rings had me fooled till I saw YELLOW in the mud... I can't wait to do it all again in the morning... I even took this morning off from work to put myself at the rite place, and rite time to score today... Good Luck hunting out there... One last thing ... we are never too old to learn... I am an example of it today... Ring 59.JPG Ring 60.JPG Ring 61 Plat.JPG

Upvote 0

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't dig everything, but if it so much as farts at me funny I dig it. :laughing7: Great finds! :thumbsup:

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
By dig everything, do you mean you run a blank discrimination screen and dig everything that beeps, and that the rings you found fell into an area on the screen that would have been discriminated out if you were running the stock beach program?? HH, Beach Papa

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Super hunt by the way. Unfortunately for me I am out of commission for a while, with other duties as assigned. Papa

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
By dig everything, do you mean you run a blank discrimination screen and dig everything that beeps, and that the rings you found fell into an area on the screen that would have been discriminated out if you were running the stock beach program?? HH, Beach Papa
I run a blank discrimination screen and dig everything that beeps...if it comes back as a choppy or unstable noise... I will switch over to discrim and if it nulls out I move on...

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
I run a blank discrimination screen and dig everything that beeps...if it comes back as a choppy or unstable noise... I will switch over to discrim and if it nulls out I move on...

So.... do you think you would have missed the rings if you were using the stock beach program, or do you think the detector goes deeper with a blank discrimination screen?? Thanks for sharing. Beach Papa

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
So.... do you think you would have missed the rings if you were using the stock beach program, or do you think the detector goes deeper with a blank discrimination screen?? Thanks for sharing. Beach Papa
I think I would have possibly not dug them if I were in the stock mode... and it goes deeper... not by a huge amount but I can see the difference ....

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please, please, please...won't you leave something for the rest of us to find? Between you and Casper-2, I'm gonna have to hang up my detector! :laughing7: Seriously, beautiful rings! Any idea what type of stone in the bottom left ring? Congrats on really nice finds. Today sure was a beautiful (ha) day to hit the water. It hit 96 up here in the hinterlands!

HH,
Anita

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Whydah,
Thanks for sharing. I am out of commission caring for a family member with a broken femur, but I do have my 3030 with me. Now is a perfect time to do some testing in the yard, although I am 90 miles from the coast and it won't be with the salt water mode. It is tough to be out of commission this time of year. Maybe I will get a chance in a few weeks to take a break back home. HH, Papa

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
It was a beautiful day here also.... Nice and GOLD in the water....I meant cold....LOLOLOL

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Good luck my friend I hope I was of some help to you... Show me the Gold when you get back at it...

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice work Whydah, worth taking the day off to dig some old beautiful treasure.

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful! I dig everything but the nulls. Getting a lot of shredded metal. I know it will get better. Just a test of wills:BangHead:

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your sure have a knack for being in the right place at the right time! These are real beauties. :occasion14:

bluediamounds 55

Feb 2, 2012
tx.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excalibur 11 dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do have a nose for them gold rings you find the ones that are deep and left behind you find slot of old gold also congrats on those beauty's

saxon

Mar 10, 2013
MA
Detector(s) used
Excal II, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys are masters! Nice finds!

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, gold and plat...great hunt...that red stone ring is beautiful...congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread