Golden Silver and Gold N Silver (Great Day)

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Golden Silver and Gold N' Silver (Great Day)

Took a little road trip and also picked up my normal boxes for the week and did pretty good in the silver Category with 3 90%ers (2) 1964 and (1) 1951 Ben also 21 40%ers, (1987d) for a total of 25 keepers. I did some dropping off of my dumps during the outing and found some really cool reject finds. Yup, gold ring # 4 for me this year. It is a 14k wedding band with diamond accents. My wife was very pleased with my finds to say the least. I looked for any engravings or identifying initials but nothing. I would never have found it but the lady who was changing out the bags took the reject bin and emptied it right in front of me and then walked off. I saw the glimmer of gold and was like a fly on fresh dung. Also included in the rejects was a gold mount for a pendent, a wierd angel thing that looks like pewter. It has V + K stamped on the back, I don't think it is silver. I also found a Brazilian 50 Centavo from 2003 and a Canadian Centenial Cent that is dated 1867-1967 which is a first for me. I also found to English Pounds and a handfull of pocket change (not pictured). All in all a great day with Silver and Gold for Golden Silver. Happy Hunting.

Golden Silver

Attachments

• coin.jpg
    coin.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 550
  • coin1.jpg
    coin1.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 496
  • coin2.jpg
    coin2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 511
  • coin3.jpg
    coin3.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 755
  • coin4.jpg
    coin4.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 565
  • coin5.jpg
    coin5.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 550
  • coin6.jpg
    coin6.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 499
  • coin7.jpg
    coin7.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 501
  • coin8.jpg
    coin8.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 498
Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Re: Golden Silver and Gold N' Silver (Great Day)

What a day !! That ring is a fantstic find. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: The coin machines I use have an internal reject bin. I'm going to start looking myself.

Rich

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used

Hey Rich, Yeah give it a try. You know one thing I have not tried to any large extent is seeing if the tellers could hook me up with the rejects on the regular basis. I might have to buy some chocolates and see if I can sweet talk a few of them. I have made quite a few gold finds from rejects, several sterling finds and a few silver coin finds...oh and wheats and foreigns.

Golden Silver

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE

You're doing a lot better on the rings than most MDr's.
Congrats!!

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used

I know Tex...every time I think of going back to detecting I remind myself of that. I have already passed the amount of rings I found metal detecting. Thanks for the reply.

Golden Silver

ScoobaSteve

Nov 28, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTX500

Great find! :icon_thumleft:

Finding cool stuff in the reject tray is always fun. 2 weeks ago I pulled out what looks to be a 1carat round cut diamond in a white gold setting. I'm anxious about having it appraised and might do so this weekend. I see an imperfection in the cuo chances are that I might have hit a small jackpot. Will report the results with pics.

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used

Please do Scooba. I am waiting on my first big reject diamond find. In the interam you can go to any jewelry store and they will tell you if you have a real diamond or not.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread