Golden Umax or Eldorado?

D

Dirtypaws

Hey everyone, I'm finally gettin rid of my broken BH and upgrading to a Tesoro. I mainly hunt coins and jewelry, but sometimes like to go into all metal at old homesteads. I know the Eldorado has manual ground balancing and frequency shift, but the Golden Umax has four tone ID which I like on my BH . Has anyone used both detectors and what is the loss of depth on a preset ground balance? Any nice finds with either of these machines? The price on both machines is very close and anything more is out of my range I'll be buying it in about 3 weeks. Thanks for all the help guys ;D

Otter in NC

Upvote 0

Earl

Sep 16, 2004
Hi, my name is Earl. I have a Tesoro Golden umax. Wish I had bought the elderado. I live in south eastern oregon and there is lots of black sand and alkali here. The golden umax will not work at all in all metal. It sounds off every foot or so because of the changing ground conditions. I have to do all searching in the disc mode. I am not finding anything very deep. Yes I know I should turn my sensitivity down but it does not help in all metal mode. So I'm not real impressed with this detector. Maybe the problem is me but I feel more comfortable with the manual ground balance. I now wish I had my old whites 6000d back, or my old bounty hunter red baron. I do have 2 tesoro diablo 2 gold detectors that I would not get rid of for love or money. They are the best. Like I said, I wish I would have bought the elderado instead. Don't get me wrong. I think the golden max is a great detector, just that it does not seem to work well out here. Also the four tone I D is great but if you are in a real trashy area on low disc, it will drive you nuts. Wish there was a way to turn it off when you did not want it but oh well. This is just my opinion for what it is worth. If you live in an area with not much minerals and work the parks, then I would say the golden max. Hope this helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread