Gonna get a new toy

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The best setting is the default setting on sensitivity 2, but if you cant find your target in the plug or the hole bump it up to sensitivity 3. As Chad said the re-tune feature is great. There's also a video out there that shows how you can ground balance the pointer by turning it on while you're holding it to the soil. I've never had to do this but it's a bonus feature that's not mentioned by the manufacturer. Also the battery that comes with it is crap, at least mine was. It came with an EverReady. Change this out and use an Energizer. You will get many hours on this battery. You have made a wise purchase.

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Sacramento Ca. or Drain Or. USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
The best setting is the default setting on sensitivity 2, but if you cant find your target in the plug or the hole bump it up to sensitivity 3. As Chad said the re-tune feature is great. There's also a video out there that shows how you can ground balance the pointer by turning it on while you're holding it to the soil. I've never had to do this but it's a bonus feature that's not mentioned by the manufacturer. Also the battery that comes with it is crap, at least mine was. It came with an EverReady. Change this out and use an Energizer. You will get many hours on this battery. You have made a wise purchase.

Thanks. I just bought an AT pro pointer but havent used it yet

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Getting the new Garrett AT propointer in the mail. Should be in the mail in a few days. So Excited. Any tips and advice about the device would definitely be helpful. Thanks in advance. GL & HH! :skullflag:

Congrats! Great snag!

zman1403

May 2, 2015
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305
Garrett Pro Pinpoiten
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one and am very satisfied with it. I originally had thePro Pointer but had too many false alerts. I returned it and added some money and got the AT Pro Pointer and haven't had a single false alert since. I am very happy with it.
Good Luck with it.

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Sacramento Ca. or Drain Or. USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
I have one and am very satisfied with it. I originally had thePro Pointer but had too many false alerts. I returned it and added some money and got the AT Pro Pointer and haven't had a single false alert since. I am very happy with it.
Good Luck with it.
I have at AT and it really does pinpoint saving tons of time. Love mine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread