Gonna get a WHITES

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
in all honesty, i have only heard good things about the xlt from people that own them. i think you made a fine choice!

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive used one in the past. I liked it, but what is your experience to date? Why have you chosen the XLT?
WHat do you know about it already?

I got rid of mine and didnt really care for the physical setup - purely me. There is nothing wrong with the unit and dont believe the hype, it aint the greatest either. While it has turn on and go programming, it is the user defined options that make it into something special.

Thats the good news. The bad news is, you can screw it up if you dont take the time to learn it well. It isnt a simple instrument to master. Not rocket science, mind you, but it is demanding if you want more than a beep and dig unit. Thats why I asked about your experience.

If you are a computer geek, ham operator or just a little techno savvy, have at it, read up on it and by all means delve into the programming of the thing. If you freak out when you see a pop-up, are still wondering what to do about the blinking time on your VCR and find changing batteries taxing, I'd suggest the MXT instead.

As for me, I wish I could be confident about the new Fishers....

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Great choice. I have used xlt (3 of them) since 1997. Great machines. Turn on and go if ya want, learn if ya want. I learned and got better over the years. I just moved up to the DFX last month, and I think it's going to be a fun ride. It just feels right. Good luck to ya. Wayne.

NorCal 6er

Aug 24, 2006
chowchilla, ca
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, GMT, XLT, Fisher C$, Gold Bug 2, 1225, 1220, Minelab SD2200v2
The XLT is a good MD lots of fun, but it takes a lot of reading and field use.

How long have you been MDing.

HH
Joe

OP
OP
W

whites XLT

I had an XLT once before. Ran into crappy luck had to sell it :'( I got it at Pioneer Mining Supplies in
Auburn CA. Great Place. Only had it fer 2 months but I found it Fairly easy to program. Found everything
from aluminum keys to rings. That's why I sayGOTTA GIT A WHITES 8)

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great choice, White's make excellent detectors. Allow yourself time to learn the machine and about one year later go back to the sites you detected earlier and you'll be amazed at what was left in the ground

NorCal 6er

Aug 24, 2006
chowchilla, ca
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, GMT, XLT, Fisher C$, Gold Bug 2, 1225, 1220, Minelab SD2200v2
So you've had one before, what is it that you want to know? The guys here on this forum are great, they will help you.
what is your location you said Auburn CA is that where you plan to use it?

I hope you get one and find lots of stuff good luck and HH

Joe
Chowchilla, Ca

S

sendin

I have a White's XLT and I really like it. Still new and still much to learn. I recommend reading the manual more than once & engineering report on it; that really helped me.

OP
OP
W

whites XLT

Not gonna use it in auburn, Just going to buy it there. They give a 10-20% discount on whites
machines. Great people. I live in Quincy CA. Lots o Old mines n places here to detect. 8) :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread