Gonna hunt my yard today!

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I've got a few days off from work, but my car crapped out last night. It's in the shop for brakes and lord knows what else they'll find wrong. Since I'm grounded so to speak, I'm going to put in an hour or two hunting the side of the back yard I never covered last fall when I first started detecting. The side I did cover yeilded keys, clad, nails, scrap iron and my first wheatie, so I have high hopes for the other side. I'll post my finds later tonight!

Upvote 0

TXKajun

Oct 12, 2005
Desert Southwest
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 750
Good luck, kidd! ?I've been searching my yard off and on for the last couple of weeks and it produced my first wheatie Saturday morning. ?

I don't know if I'm doing something very right or very wrong (I'm real new to this), but it takes me about an hour just to do a good search of maybe 20'X20". ?Course, I try and dig every signal (Ace 250 in coin or relic mode) and I've gone over the areas twice, once with the small stock coil and once with the large coil (the large coil is awesome! ?I think that's all I'm going to use from now on).

Have you thought about giving your lawn a really good watering before detecting? ?Would that help?

Anyway, HH, ya'll!

OP
OP
treasurekidd

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, dudes, you killed me with that one. I just didn't know wether to laugh or cry!

TXK, sounds like you're doing it the right way to me. Slow hunting, multiple passes with different size coils, can't be much more thorough than that. As for watering, yeah, I think that would help a bunch, but we've had so much rain here the last few weeks I don't think I need to that right now. But it is a good idea. Water the lawn, then dig it up!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread