Gonzales' mina

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh I see your on game again but them must be pic’s not from today. Today their was so much dust in the air it sucked.

babymick1

It's best as a game played nice Mick......you should know that by now.
Of course not. All of them photos are from years ago.....the last one 20, as I recall. Horse Mesa Village only had a few trailers back then. Now it's got houses and paved streets. Us ordinary folks can't go there though. It's like Area 51 now.
Dust storms? Yah, I been down there for two or three. The last one only a couple of years ago, and I was out in the mountains on foot that time. Had to sit that one out in a cave for about a hour or so.
This cave .... the one I found with the "casa caverna" symbol above....so I didn't mind

Casa Caverna Tolteca Chichimeca.jpg

Back in 2000, I also had to cut a flight in a rented Cessna short due to a haboob rolling in, and divert to Scottsdale instead of returning to Falcon Field. Got this shot on the way to Falcon afterward. Still pretty dirty, but that's the Sups and the needle straight off the nose.

needleahead.jpg

The one other time was driving out US 60 from the airport to my hotel. Only had to pull over for a bit that time though.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Nice calcite crystal Mick. Ya should be able to get a couple of bucks for it at the flea market back home.
You saying you were out in the sups today ?
looks like mick has been watching kristy siefkin and stephanie olmo on fox news channel 10...our local weather gals:laughing7:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like mick has been watching kristy siefkin and stephanie olmo on fox news channel 10...our local weather gals:laughing7:

Ya figger......was they showing some haboob videos ? :tongue3:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea...we had some horrible winds here yesterday

Hate days like that. It's about the only time I get spooked when I'm at the edge of a big drop.
No hangin ten then.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice calcite crystal Mick. Ya should be able to get a couple of bucks for it at the flea market back home.
You saying you were out in the sups today ?

Yes I was out playing for about 2 weeks now.

babymick1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other

No don’t watch TV much. 2 or 3 days back a guy on a rocket slammed into the mountain on the cut backs had to Wait and turn around in the end. I don’t know if he made it but sure was going in and out between cars fast.

babymick1

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have any repairs been made to the stretch of road at Fish Creek and Fish Creek hill yet ?

Hinterlander

Dec 28, 2016
AZ
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None. And there's no timeline or promise of ever repairing it. FS would prefer that I'm sure.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last I heard, the funding had been arranged with the feds, but engineering studies had not been completed for the degree and type of stabilization required. That was earlier in 2020. And it's sill low down on ADOT's list of projects.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread