Good box of nickels

IndianHead97

Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I got a box of dimes and nickels today. The dimes produced 1 canadian and thats it so i was a little disappointed about that. Then i opened the box of nickels and a P was staring up at me from an end. I proceeded to open all the rolls and ended up with 5 war nickels and 5 from the 40s besides the war nickels. No pictures but this was by far my best box of nickels to date. 4 were 43Ps and the other was a 42P.
Thanks

Upvote 0

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I got a box of dimes and nickels today. The dimes produced 1 canadian and thats it so i was a little disappointed about that. Then i opened the box of nickels and a P was staring up at me from an end. I proceeded to open all the rolls and ended up with 5 war nickels and 5 from the 40s besides the war nickels. No pictures but this was by far my best box of nickels to date. 4 were 43Ps and the other was a 42P.
Thanks
That's a great box!

TheElementOfSand

Jul 19, 2012
Fort Wayne
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT E-series, Whites Beachhunter, Garrett Ace350, Garret 76'-77'Fortune Hunter, Cen-tech Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gratz on the nickle box. I cant wait to start CRH'ing, should be able to start tomorrow.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find! I average 2-3 War Nickels, 3-4 Buffs per box. I prefer the buffs over War nickels, because I lke getting dateless to have the adventure of bringing the date back.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! I average 2-3 War Nickels, 3-4 Buffs per box. I prefer the buffs over War nickels, because I lke getting dateless to have the adventure of bringing the date back.

Wow those are crazy averages. Why would you do anything other than nicks ?

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow those are crazy averages. Why would you do anything other than nicks ?

Because all the other averages are horrible :) Pennies I do great, found a 1891 XF Con., 1910 S Semi Key, and a 1914 D Key Date. All in Brinks rolls or BWR. My halves average are 1 or 2 40% per $25 or $400. Dimes average are 1 in $80 BWR. And my quarters average are 0 in $50 rolls, however bought a 1944 P at face from a gas station attendant that saves stuff for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread