Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Upvote 0

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Nice job Doc! I'm still waiting for a monster penny box. I think we are in the last months of the golden age for penny(cent) searching, as we will be flooded with the new ones next year. I don't know about you, but I'm going to try and stock up this winter ;D! Good luck to you,, Gpurs..

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Yikes! That is an INTENSE penny box!

I've never had one close to that, and I have searched a fair amount.

Nice work!

~Dave

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow sweet!!!! :thumbsup:

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Congrats on a good haul! I remember back in the '70's, getting penny rolls at the bank by the hundreds: when we got a machine rolled supply, you could look on the ends and you opened the wheatie rolls first. Those were the days; my brothers and I pulled 8500+ wheats searching rolls in just a couple years time. Here's how obsessed I was about it: We'd go to a bank in Northern Lights (the Dr knows where this is) and walk the pennies over to Penney's. There, we'd sit in the bathroom and look through the rolls before taking them back to the bank. The tellers hated us! ;D

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG DD.....congrats!

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
lol halfdime.

That stuff would NEVER fly with the tellers that banks employee these days. Every time I ask for change they ask if I will be brining it back. I wouldn't dare say yes because I KNOW they wouldn't give it to me if I did.

~Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread