Good couple of weeks

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
It's been a few years since I last did any coin roll hunting, and I mainly focused on cents and nickels. However, about a month ago I was at work, cracked open a roll of quarters for the till, and found 2 silver quarters in the same roll. Naturally, I opened all the other rolls of quarters I had and ended up with another 2 silvers. Well, that sure got me excited and back in the mood to find some silver at face value. About two weeks ago I got my bank to order me a box of halves and that wound up having 1 90% (my first ever Ben Franklin), 3 40%, a 2006 S proof, and a 1970 S proof. I did another box today that produced 2 90%, a 64 and a 63 Franklin, 11 40%, and 2 commemorative clad proofs. I'm pretty excited to get back into the hobby, the boxes I've gotten lately are Loomis and are producing way better than the Brinks boxes I used to get. I gave up years ago because it seemed like the silver was mostly gone, I'd find a 40% here and there but not like these boxes. Hopefully my luck continues and I'll be posting here a lot more often!

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. You do know that 70-S is 40% also. Best coin of the lot!

OP
OP
Jack_MIghtyheart

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I was really happy to find the 70, I know it's silver but definitely more special than a typical 40%er. That and the other proofs went straight into a plastic case, all the rest gets added to the pile.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread