Good day at the B of A...

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Stopped by the B of A as part of a morning of goofing off, and asked the usual question. The always friendly teller (she is a very nice person) went over to the merchant teller, and came back with $60 worth of CWRs, and said "You're in luck, we even have a roll of Ike's if you want them." Knowing what my response would be, she had brought them over from the merchant teller.

The CWRs produced a Ben, and I now have 20 more IKEs for my coffee can!!

Happy hunting, and have a good weekend!

Upvote 0

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistergee said:
i never heard of a roll of ikes :icon_scratch:
My local BofA had some IKE wrappers I kept using them till they ran out. Never did get any more in.

I had so many IKS I was running out of CRH $$$ I kept them in a plastic bin under my bed. I had to use two hands to pull it out and I would not attempt to lift it. Out of two years of asking for BIG DOLLARS I have gotten 2 Morgans and a silver round. So it is worth asking cause you only get a few at a time and you are in the bank anyway.

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Grats on the benjie!

A buddy and me were on a roadtrip up in Maine and we hit a bank to look for halves. They were out, but we spotted these GIANT coin wrappers behind the teller and asked for them. They were Ike rolls... neither of us had seen them before... cool little novelty find lol.

~Dave

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
That's the only way I've been finding them here, $20 rolls. Bought 7 rolls the first time, kept one and tossed the rest to the wild. I get a kick outa spending them at fast food drive thrus. Actually, all that I've bought lately have been in $20 rolls. AMC

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
Every once in a while one of the tellers at a dump bank has a couple of halves or Ikes in her tray. Actually scored my first teller silver from her a couple of weeks ago. Apparently they are coming from the taco bell across the street (where I have spent some halves). But if somebody is out there spending silver and Ikes on some fast food I am glad to pick it up. Now I just can't buy my lunch with halves there!

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Very cool. My wife found a couple IKE rolls at a BoA a couple weeks ago. You could really hurt someone with a roll with a good toss :)

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I scored my 1st silver Ike last week so it is worth the hunt. One time though I grabbed $180 in rolls from one of my better banks. They were back in the vault and the teller said they had been there for a while...I was stoked for a minute but when I opened them up outside in my car they were the dirtiest coins I'd ever seen. These made dirt dug coins look clean! Looked like they had been through a fire or sewer. Each roll I'd open got worse and all I could say was "ichhhh" :D. I'd never done this before but I immediately rapped them back up and brought them back in. I told them the state of them and that they should send them back or give them a bleach bath! They took them back. I didn't want to get stuck with them and I could never have spent them anywhere without a serious cleaning. Guess you never know, that is why I carry the alcohol hand lotion with me! :occasion14:.

Maine_Jim

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
maine_Jim said:
I scored my 1st silver Ike last week so it is worth the hunt. One time though I grabbed $180 in rolls from one of my better banks. They were back in the vault and the teller said they had been there for a while...I was stoked for a minute but when I opened them up outside in my car they were the dirtiest coins I'd ever seen. These made dirt dug coins look clean! Looked like they had been through a fire or sewer. Each roll I'd open got worse and all I could say was "ichhhh" :D. I'd never done this before but I immediately rapped them back up and brought them back in. I told them the state of them and that they should send them back or give them a bleach bath! They took them back. I didn't want to get stuck with them and I could never have spent them anywhere without a serious cleaning. Guess you never know, that is why I carry the alcohol hand lotion with me! :occasion14:.

Maine_Jim
Jim, I know what you mean....I have found several rolls of Ikes like that, terrible shape, lots of green and corrosion. Must involve moisture and long-term storage, as they just don't see the light of day much. AMC

fiddycent

Oct 23, 2008
question. how much does a coffee can full of ikes weigh?

congrats on the bling. in all my searching i've yet to find a silver dollar in circulation. you done good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread