good day at the beach

carpel

Apr 30, 2005
Midwest
Had some luck at the beach today, they had a local beach party Saturday and there was lots to be found today!. While in the water I found a pair of children's prescription glasses, I gave these to the lifeguard and hopefully the owner will come back looking for these. This is a lake beach and it is pretty cool to be searching in the water and have ducks swim right by you.I found the silver ring in the water also,along with some clad and lots of garbage that must have been some party!. While detecting on the beach I found the little metal rocket, this is one of those toys you put a cap in the nose part and the cap pops when you throw it in the air and it hits the ground. The gold ear ring is costume jewelry and I found five quarters in one hole on the beach, another good day at the beach.

Attachments

• july 31.jpg
    july 31.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 401
  • ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 404
  • ringclose.jpg
    ringclose.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 401
  • toy.jpg
    toy.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 395
  • toyclose.jpg
    toyclose.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 397
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt and pics, congrats on the silver! HH, Mike

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE
I remember them you ?put caps in it and toss it in the air....great finds..what kind of digital camera do you have thouse are great close ups..this is what i get for a close up...same kind of stone..

Attachments

• sring.JPG
    sring.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 371
OP
OP
carpel

carpel

Apr 30, 2005
Midwest
IM using a Nikon Coolpix 3200 digital camera, I use the trick with a magnifying glass for the close-up on the numbers on the ring band. Learned about the magnifying glass trick from the people here, thanks again.

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
The cap rocket is awesome! Boy does that bring back great childhood memories. I remember having one about 45 yrs ago!!!! Forgot all about them till now. Used to spend hrs playing with them outside!. Can't believe I'm that old! LOL! :D

HH 8) surfrat

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds,nice ring!! WTG!!

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The toy is in great shape. Did you have to do much cleaning on it? Yep, a toy like that sure does date a person. Had em when I was a kid too. Neat find

OP
OP
carpel

carpel

Apr 30, 2005
Midwest
I found the cap rocket in the sand in the condition it is, I didn't think it was old but I guess I'll have to do some checking.

M

mchamby

That's a neat little rocket, I've never seen one before. HH
Mchamby :o

Kansas

Jun 6, 2005
N.E. Kansas
Beautiful ring Carpel !!! I had several of those bombs (rocket) when I was a kid (about 50 years ago). I don't remember if they were made in China though.
~Kansas~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread