Good day at the Flea...

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
Not buying, selling. Loaded up the old wagon to the gills and hauled it all to the area flea market Saturday. Pic of wagon, so you can see it holds a lot. Conditions were perfect. Nice weather, big crowd, fewer than normal vendors. Awesome day with just over $600 in one day sales. Got rid of a buttload of smalls and a lot of the bulkier stuff as well. Sold quite a bit of my ordinary average sterling jewelry pieces @ $1 a gram. Not the really nice stuff. They were happy at that price as was I. It was a very satisfying experience seeing this stuff go to people who obviously loved it. Not my first flea but, by far my best. My pile is smaller now and it's time to go get more...

HH All!

Attachments

• 100_7530.JPG
    100_7530.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 82

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work! And that wagon is awesome, its like a super comfy pickup with a cap and an extended bed! And fake wood paneling, of course.

Grundestoun

Dec 16, 2010
Idaho
Detector(s) used
coinmaster 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great day! I wish we had a decent flea mark around here. I miss the one I went to in the late 80s. It was at the drive in theater every Saturday. You could find a lot of nice stuff there and sell a lot too.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think i'm gonna have to load up the van and hit the flea myself if I don't have a yard sale soon. It's free on Thursdays at the Thunderbird Swap Shop (which has a drive in with 14 screens ). Didn't you post a photo of that wagon when you bought it a year or two ago? It looks familiar.

OP
OP
frankendime

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
I think i'm gonna have to load up the van and hit the flea myself if I don't have a yard sale soon. It's free on Thursdays at the Thunderbird Swap Shop (which has a drive in with 14 screens ). Didn't you post a photo of that wagon when you bought it a year or two ago? It looks familiar.

Yes, I did back in August or thereabouts. Still running like a top...

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Yes, I did back in August or thereabouts. Still running like a top...

You better go knock on some of that faux wood after saying that. Every time I say something like that about one of my cars, I am standing at the local auto parts store shelling out hundred dollar bills faster than I can earn them.

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great day. Easier and more fun than making bay listings and shipping.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You better go knock on some of that faux wood after saying that. Every time I say something like that about one of my cars, I am standing at the local auto parts store shelling out hundred dollar bills faster than I can earn them.
Ain't that the truth, vehicles don't nickel and dime you, they hundred and five hunted you!

OP
OP
frankendime

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other

No need to knock on wood. This car is tip-top shape. I've been working on my own cars for 40 yrs. S--t happens I know. Nothing I can't handle. 8-)

OP
OP
frankendime

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a great day. Easier and more fun than making bay listings and shipping.

Yes it is. I don't Ebay anymore. Hassles. I do Clist and Facebook sales. I like the face to face. I sold to other pickers I run into time to time. I make my nickel and I let them make their nickel. It's all good...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread