metaldetecta

Jun 10, 2013
Michigan Troll
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro and Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found all these in about 2 hours. They were all dumped on the side of a river. I have found about 50 suspender clips and 600 buttons so far, since I started digging at the dump. I like the decorative suspender clip with the stars.

Aug 5, 2015
Detector(s) used
Entry level POS that I found in the thickets along a river.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That seems like Heaven. I love suspender ends. I call them "ends" because I have found a few in an 1870s context which have "suspender ends" embossed on them.

The smaller square to rectangle buckles are actually from the cinch strap on the back of a vest. I also noticed elements from ribbon belts or sashes. The little rings were used to attach the actual suspender ends to a hook or button on the waistband of the pants. The suspender ends were not worn up at the chest but down at the waistline of the pants. It looks like somebody threw away a bunch of different clothes there.

Anyway, great finds. Maybe dig a little bit in that spot and see what turns up deeper and under the rocks.

OP
OP
metaldetecta

metaldetecta

Jun 10, 2013
Michigan Troll
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro and Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That seems like Heaven. I love suspender ends. I call them "ends" because I have found a few in an 1870s context which have "suspender ends" embossed on them.

The smaller square to rectangle buckles are actually from the cinch strap on the back of a vest. I also noticed elements from ribbon belts or sashes. The little rings were used to attach the actual suspender ends to a hook or button on the waistband of the pants. The suspender ends were not worn up at the chest but down at the waistline of the pants. It looks like somebody threw away a bunch of different clothes there.

Anyway, great finds. Maybe dig a little bit in that spot and see what turns up deeper and under the rocks.

Thank you very much for the info, I never knew a lot of what you told me! I am a huge suspender clip nut haha. I have found about 50 at the spot I am at.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you must live where all suspenders went to die

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread