RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Today was a good day for being new to metal detecting. I would first like to apologize if I accidentally double posted. I found my first three ringer bullet. It was pretty damaged and my camera did not take a good close-up picture. My brother and I located a three ringer bullet with a small knob on the end. I have never seen a three ringer with a knob on the end. Does anyone have a clue what it may be? We hunted in the western part of Maryland.

Attachments

• DSCN0833.JPG
    DSCN0833.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 437
  • DSCN0832.JPG
    DSCN0832.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 442
  • DSCN0830.JPG
    DSCN0830.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 432
Upvote 0

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey nice digs! The bullet with the point coming out the bottom appears to be a Williams Cleaner bullet minus the zinc disc, if I recall correctly you were supposed to fire one of these after every third shot, thus cleaning out excess fouling. In turn this would make the firearm supossedly load easier and be more accurate. Apparently many soldiers didnt like them, perhaps they were very hard to load into a dirty barrel? Any way many dropped ones are found in the average Civil War Camp.

Steve

P.S. Did you use the Macro function for your close ups? If not, maybe give it a try it will most likely give you a nicer photo. Hope this helps a bit.

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
Nice drop,congrats on the Williams Type I,ID# M&M537,Like Goldiver ID minus the zinc disc.

fortbball9

piratesgold

Apr 29, 2008
CT
Detector(s) used
White's M6
that camera have "macro" setting? You should try it out if it does, to eliminate the blurries

Lucky

OP
OP
RiverRat3

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks to everyone helping out. My camera is old and I used the macro setting. For some reason it did not focus on the finds. I have a new camera now so hopefully future post will be much better. Thanks again.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool bullets. Look forward to seeing your next post.
TnMountains

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread