🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Spent a day between Union and Confederate trenches at a particularly hot site. Trenches were crazy-close together, and many, MANY shot bullets have been found on this spot. This was a new spot for me, as a good friend allowed me to tag along. between the two of us, we found just over 90 bullets, but no brass other than percussion caps. My take included the four Gardeners, four Enfields, a bunch of 3-ringers, a .69, some "rotten bullets" (Heavily decayed) and some very interesting impact picket bullets. I couldn't resist trying the "hunted out" Confederate trench and immediately hit the musket lockplate spring. Alas, the sun was setting, and I couldn't hunt for more of the lock plate. There's always next week . . . !

IMG_3272.JPG

Upvote 3

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8.gif NICE HAUL!!!

Fitzwilk

Jan 6, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds. Military history combined with metal detecting. It doesn't get much better than that.

Looking for jewelry on the beach is fun, but just not the same as digging history. I've always thought it would be interesting to detect along the route of Lee's retreat from Petersburg to Appomattox Court House. I'm thinking the exhausted Confederates were dropping items at an alarming rate. Particularly the area around Farmville near the surrender would be interesting to detect. My G-g-grandfather, a Lt. with the 26th South Carolina Infantry, lost his leg there prior to the surrender.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, great haul.:hello:

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those two on left top and bottom were hard impacts. makes you wonder what they hit

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could you send me a plane ticket? I would love to join you guys!!!! :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread