Good day on the gravel bar

Dirk Pitt

Greenie
Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just love my little Angus Mackirk backpacker sluice!

image-2318988380.jpg

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Wow ive never run gravel from a bar with that much gold in it! What state are you from and how many 5 gal buckets did you go through? Theres gota be bigger gold there too i bet!!

OP
OP
D

Dirk Pitt

Greenie
Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Washington state. And that was two five gallon buckets classified to twelve mesh before running it through the sluice.

AlwaysBusyJ

Feb 9, 2013
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in WA too, looks identical to the gold I find out near Olympia. Sure is a pain to pan though since it's so flat and thin, I've started getting better at it though. Makes me a little sad when I see a over a dozen pieces in a single scoop from a shovel and it looks so big in the pan, but then when I put the gold in my vial it looks so tiny!

sidvail

Jan 11, 2013
Cottonwood, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL. True that. Specially when it's showing through black sand - it just looks so awesome.

Dirk Pitt - which AM did you use? I've got the Adventurer and love it so far.

OP
OP
D

Dirk Pitt

Greenie
Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are so right about oly gold, lol! The sluice is the Angus backpacker. I have the recon as well, but it's a bit finicky on water flow, the backpacker isn't. Fast or slow, it works great, light, and cleans up in seconds, literally. You can actually feed it pretty fast, too. Going out after work Thursday to the same spot on Waddell creek, I'll let you know how that goes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread