good few hours.

captain redbeard

Mar 19, 2015
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out for a few hours today and got a couple real nice whole points and 2 broke. The one broke looks to be a broken drill.
100_0313.JPG 100_0315.JPG 100_0316.JPG 100_0321.JPG 100_0322.JPG 100_0323.JPG

The other one got me very excited because I've never found one made with a material this transparent, any ideas what the specific material is?. Very cool point either way, it also almost looks like it was an impact fracture instead of plow damage, but not entirely sure.
100_0320.JPG

Also throwing this in there, while I don't believe it is man made it still struck me as odd and very neat as I take the occasional quartz home with me. This is the roundest and smoothest quartz I've found in a field. Most quartz is rough, jagged and chunky, but this one is smooth all the way around, very cool.

100_0317.JPG 100_0319.JPG

:icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good day, I would have brought the quartz home also

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never know on those smooth stones many are game pieces and if it is different from any you have found before and was found in a camp it very well could be one.
Looks like plow or breakage from making on the one piece dont know the material type but looks very nice. Maybe KRF or some call it root beer flint.
Drill tip yes and that is usually how I find them broken.
The points and brokes are all good and will look nice in a frame together.
Looks like you had a wonderful hunt to me.

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds...what point type do you think that top left one is?

OP
OP
captain redbeard

captain redbeard

Mar 19, 2015
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds...what point type do you think that top left one is?

Not entirely sure yet. closest example I can find are lamoka or some kind of jacks reef. I've found quite a few lamoka points here, but there is also a mix of time frames in this field so I can't say for sure I need to do a little more research.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds there.ever herd of them putting quartz in a rattle,throws off light at night.probably not what you have but could have been.

OP
OP
captain redbeard

captain redbeard

Mar 19, 2015
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never heard of that jamey, but that is interesting. I'm not sure of its use if it had one, but I do know I have a box full of all kinds of quartz an none are anywhere near as smooth or rounded as this, even where there are dings in the stone its all smoothed over. Neat stone either way :dontknow:

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most rattle type of items would have very small stones or seeds of some type (most of the time corn). That stone is to large for that type of item, also if round quartz is not found in your area, I would lean toward it being altered by man. The points look like Jacks Reefs to me and the material is a big guess. Thanks for posting, great finds:thumbsup: Just thought of this look up egg stone or Bolo stone, that could be what you have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread