Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a 1906 barber dime and a 1917 buffalo nickle two days ago in my yard with my vaquero. It was my first barber so I was pretty happy.

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found some nice trash, coins, and a knife with my Tiger Shark, yesterday.
Found several nice rings about two weeks ago.

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
Found two rings, 1880, 1895, 1863 IH pennies, 1893 V nickle, and a couple of merc dimes with the Tejon recently.

Ian

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
SaginawIan said:
Found two rings, 1880, 1895, 1863 IH pennies, 1893 V nickle, and a couple of merc dimes with the Tejon recently.

Ian

I would love to find silver and old coins. the oldest I have found is an 1918 Wheat and two 1957 silver coins. Awesome finds. I am going to keep looking. I did find a really nice 14K necklace lastnight.

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
I found these at a road tear up in a local historic district. Check construction sites, road and sidewalk tearups - I always find something at them. What I do is find old cities near where I live and google search the city name and road construction for instance,

"saginaw road construction" or "Saginaw road closures" or whatever you can think of.

Sometimes the results will be articles in local newspapers that tell you when the roads will be closed and sometimes they will have maps - so then you just watch the site and wait for the bulldozers to tear up the concrete and go to work. Another thing I do is tell my friends to notify me when they see orange cones or dump trucks - sometimes that works.

Another thing you can do is look for sidewalks that are in obvious disrepair in old parts of town. Make a mental note of them and check back often. There was this jacked up broken sidewalk in front of an 1870's church near me that was hazardous to pedestrians and I knew it was going to be replaced eventually. Well, I kept looking every week and then i noticed orange spray paint on the concrete, which I took to mean that they were going to replace it. Sure enough, they did a week later and I found an 1867 2 cent piece there in the middle of the sidewalk. So that worked. Around here it seems like spring is the time for construction projects.

Ian

Ollieboy

Nov 3, 2006
America's home town
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes Tiger Shark w/clean sweep
i bought a new tiger shark about three weeks ago, its my new hobby since I'm undergoing chemo therapy due to cancer. I am only hunting cape cod beaches on my off week which is every other week because of the side effects of my therapy. Anyway I've had what i think is pretty remarkable success with the TS, I found a total of 23 rings Three of which I've returned to owners,2 watches same day 25 feet apart both time both still ticking, countless ear rings and $108 in clad. I am not new to the site, but i am new to posting and have yet to figure out how to post pictures. Two of the rings i had appraised and worth over $2000, plus three other gold bands not appraised yet. Best of luck with your hunting, i can only say this, there is nothing that compares with the thrill I get when I shake out that sand from my scoop,and I'm staring at a shiny gold & diamond ring. Sorry for being so long winded, i just love this hobby.
Ollieboy

Attachments

• treasure 9115treasure 9115.jpg
    treasure 9115treasure 9115.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 181
  • treasure 9115treasure 9115 (1).jpg
    treasure 9115treasure 9115 (1).jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 201
  • treasure 9115treasure 9115 (2).jpg
    treasure 9115treasure 9115 (2).jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 195
  • treasure 9115treasure 9115 (3).jpg
    treasure 9115treasure 9115 (3).jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 186

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Tesoro seems to be making a name for themselves for sure in their detectors and service. My next detector is going to be the Tejon.

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
You will NEVER regret buying a Tesoro. They make AWESOME machines. No I don't work for them or sell them but they are super detectors, and really great people to work with. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread