Good Jerky recipies needed

The best eatin catfish 8-16 inches get any bigger the meat gets tough. Therefor I filet the filet. Cut into thinner pieces. Makes fer some good eatin....

Wow guys thought this post would get lost in the system but seems there are a couple of jerky lovers onboard. :hello2: As soon as I get some venison I will be making another batch. I would send it to you fellas but i fear that it would probably not get thru the border. :icon_scratch:

Cheers Sasnz

sasnz said:
Wow guys thought this post would get lost in the system but seems there are a couple of jerky lovers onboard. :hello2: As soon as I get some venison I will be making another batch. I would send it to you fellas but i fear that it would probably not get thru the border. :icon_scratch:

Cheers Sasnz

ahh well you know you could try LOL

ask packer backer * -- a good while back i was asked to "judge" who made the best beef jerky -- i seem to remember his was quite tasty :icon_thumright:

Ya got to love it . :tongue3:
This may be an old post but I believe there are some jerky lovers out there who want to see more recipes. I start with about 3 Lbs. of venison in about 1/4 in thick strips, when I have it. And I do not have anything written down as to how much of each ingredient to use . The next time I make some I'll try to be more accurate, but for now! In a large bowl with the venison, 3/4 cup of Italian or zesty Italian salad dressing, 2 tbs. of liquid smoke, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce, a few shakes of garlic salt. Tsp. salt tsp. blk pepper. place the ingredients in a sealable plastic bag and mix thoroughly, and place in refrigerator. Leave for 6 to 12 hours (it doesn't seem to make much difference) you may squish the bag occasionally while you are waiting.
Then place on trays in a dehydrator, dehydrate for about 12 hours. Turn pcs over about half way through the process. You may have to adjust times so check the process often for doneness. (is it a word? doneness ) I always refrigerate mine when done. don't ask me how long it will last because it's always gone within a week. The ingredients I listed are necessary sometimes I go crazy and add maple syrup a little Tabasco sauce and or whatever I Have, it all works.

Since its that time of the year.. Bumpidy Bump.. ;D Yummity Yumm

poorhunter78 said:

Ok I'll put my stomach up for tasting again! The things I do for ya folks LOL

Ya try any new recipes poorhunter?

Frank1960 said:
poorhunter78 said:

Frank, I have used the same jerky recipe for about 20 years.. Cant have too much of a good thing..

poorhunter78 said:
Frank1960 said:
poorhunter78 said:

Frank, I have used the same jerky recipe for about 20 years.. Cant have too much of a good thing..

Well ya got a point there lol

Frank1960 said:
poorhunter78 said:
Frank1960 said:
poorhunter78 said:

Won't be long Frank! I still got yer Address.. Hunting season was not very generous last winter, This will be much better.. Stay tuned. And watch the mail.. :icon_thumleft:

[/quote]

[/quote]
Won't be long Frank! I still got yer Address.. Hunting season was not very generous last winter, This will be much better.. Stay tuned. And watch the mail.. :icon_thumleft:
[/quote]

OHHHHHHH Boy love the Jerky lol
I got to go with a couple of friends hunting this season. They did the hunting I did the driving. Don't have a hunting rifle and couldn't afford tags anyhow but got to sit around a cabin with no electicity or heat and just enjoy a fire while we were awake and the crisp clear air. We did see about 9 doe's but no bucks and that is what one of their tags were for the other one had a tag for a bull elk but didn't see any of them. Did see 3 moose looked like a family. We also had some elk steak that one of the guys got last season which was great I am now a elk meat lover. He gave me some antelope burger also that I have yet to try but am looking forward to it. Was looking forward to them getting something so I could help process it from begining to end and then I could have had meat for jerky also. Oh well maybe next season.

The best jerky has the least ingredients.

Too much crap spoils the natural flavor of the meat.

I dip mine in brine, then smoke with fresh alder. Done. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back