Good Luck on First Day Out This Year

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Weather finally broke. Car temp said it was 50 at 3:30 when we got home. Heat wave after the below to teen weather we had this weekend. I had like an hour and a half left of daylight so had to go do a test run at the old home site. The topsoil was muddy in places where there wasn't any snow, but the rest of the ground was still frozen, had to use the hammer head side of hatchet on folding shovel around the signals to break up dirt into clods. Suppose to get up in 40's tomorrow. Hoping to get out.

Today's find from hour search are a horseshoe which I'm think of mounting on metal detector for good luck, a part of shotgun shell which fell out of hole in my scrap bag, an aluminum thing that looks might of been a funnel and piece of can top or bottom.
:icon_sunny: HH in 2010 :icon_sunny:

Attachments

• horseshoe1.jpg
    horseshoe1.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 741
  • horseshoe2.jpg
    horseshoe2.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 736
Upvote 0

rvrpilot

Jun 6, 2008
Glad to see you at least were able to get out for a hunt,I still have about 2 weeks to go out here on the boat,looking forward to getting home,I have a new search coil at home waiting for me and my T-2. HH

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Congrats on the horseshoe. Maybe it will be your good luck charm for the year.
Dman

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Glad you were able to get out for a bit. Hopefully I'll be able to do the same this weekend if it's not too muddy.
Mike

S

seger98

Good to see you got out, but I think that horse shoe will add considerable weight to your detector! ;D

OP
OP
Knightwalker

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
rvrpilot said:
Glad to see you at least were able to get out for a hunt,I still have about 2 weeks to go out here on the boat,looking forward to getting home,I have a new search coil at home waiting for me and my T-2. HH
Hi TW,
Yea I got out. But it wasn't easy hunting. Had to hammer my shover down through the hard dirt, and then could only get around an inch or so. Just mostly check good signals that was close to the top.
Give me a call when you get back.

OP
OP
Knightwalker

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Dman said:
Congrats on the horseshoe. Maybe it will be your good luck charm for the year.
Dman
Looks like it's working Dman. Found a 1911 Wheatie today just before quiting time.

OP
OP
Knightwalker

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
mikewaz said:
Glad you were able to get out for a bit. Hopefully I'll be able to do the same this weekend if it's not too muddy.
Mike
Mike,
I would rather play in the mud then fighting the hard frozen ground. ;D
Good luck if you make it out.

OP
OP
Knightwalker

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
seger98 said:
Good to see you got out, but I think that horse shoe will add considerable weight to your detector! ;D
:D You got a point there Seger, I think I'll just rub it for luck before I go detecting. :thumbsup:

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:wink:

Hi friend .... have to use Paint(one program of windows) and images may be reduced to 50 %..... a shoe of a horse very old and complete.

Attachments

• horseshoe2.jpg
    horseshoe2.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 221

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread