Good lunch outing

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed out during lunch to dump $360 of halfs and nickels that I had accumulated over the weekend. Figured since I have been dumping a lot lately on a select few branches I would go to one I had never been to before. Driving there I noticed a bank which I didnt remember seeing before. Decided to swing in to satisfy my addiction. Walked up to the counter and asked for any halfs. The teller said she had one and I took it. A nice shiney clad. As I was turning to walk out she said that the other teller who was on lunch had some rolls and she would be back at 1:30. So I went on my merry way and went to dump clad. Took about 20 minutes to get it all in the machine and had to have a nice young man come and change out one of the bags. Found out that my dump bank is using Brinks which is good news since I am ordering from a bank that uses Loomis. (Always try to ask if I can buy the bags and the teller offered this info to me) So I head back to the other bank around 1:35. As I am walking in the other teller points to me and says something to the other teller. I walk up and she tells me she has $40 in halfs and is really glad to get rid of them. I tell her I am really glad to take them off her hands. The rolls look older with taped up ends. I knew these had to have some silver. Practically ran to the car, and ripped open the first one. It had a lot of silver. Second one, a few. Third one a skunk. And the fourth one had several, even had a 63 Ben. Overall totals for the two stop trip during my lunch hour netted:

9 - 64's
1 - 66
5 - 67's
6 - 68's
7 - 69's
1 - 63D Benny

Attached are pictures for your viewing pleasure. Headed back into that area tomorrow to find a few more undiscovered banks.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 9.9.09-1.jpg
    9.9.09-1.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 186
Upvote 0

Mercury63

Oct 20, 2008
Nice job. Two of my best scores have been unplanned lunchtime pick-ups. Now I try to hit a few banks at lunch each week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions