Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Ace 250
TC3X
BH Texas Pilot
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this on Google Earth near me....Its an old trailer park.

Found 2013 tax records with owners name and thinking of trying to get permission.....what do you think........is it worth the time or too much trash?

I drove by last night and its posted. The road on the south side goes buy homes and the property is open to their back yards. Only a small wire fence separates the homes from the property. Easy access.

Full in 1978, Cleared by 1989 and what it looks like now. Found this on Google Earth.

Today

Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they have it posted forget it. Sneaking in will only get us in a bad light from normal people.

OP
OP
Hawk'n Dirt

Hawk'n Dirt

Sep 6, 2013
Humble, Tx
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Ace 250
TC3X
BH Texas Pilot
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not go without getting permission. I found the tax record with the owners name. Just wondering if it is worth the hassle of tracking down.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only way to know is to detect it. I'd think it should be a pretty good spot as long as the trash isn't terrible.
luvsdux

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get permission. It simply is not that big of a deal most of the time. I have MUCH better luck face to face. Then go hunt it. :icon_thumleft:

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could research old land records, insurance maps,etc and see if there was anything historical on it back in the 18th or 19th c. - chances are say if there was something there like a old 19th c house site - you would probably dig junk signals from the old trailer park for a couple hours, then you may hit like a Liberty coin or something.. But you never know what is in there - from my experience with some people in trailer parks they always hide a-lot of cash and gold.. If you are able too just hit it and within 3-4 hours you will know if it is worth your time or not. You really really never know until you hit a spot what you gonna find, you can make assumptions all day on what is there,etc - but until you actually hit it you will never know.

Last edited:

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In general it would seem that a trailer park would not have too much of value, but HutSiteDigger above mentions a couple good points and it soulnds like he has had some experience with it..........the bigger question in my mind, is what was there before......

And as also meniioned, you never know to you look.....

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldnt touch it unless it was at least 50-60 years old. I hit up a vacant trailer park in Florida that was big during the 60s, and found tons of trash and no old coins...Not saying this would be your experiance..but if there isnt anything you of being old..it might be a bust...JMO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread