ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the road again Tuesday looking for the shiny stuff. Everything went very smoothly for a change and I was able to set a new personal record in number of banks visited in one day - 55 - covering around 400 miles round trip. In total I found $2805 worth of halves to search. While this isn't my best trip to date as far as amount of silver found, it may be the biggest variety of finds to date. I certainly enjoyed searching these coins as much or more than any from previous road trips.

Non-silver finds:

13 clad proofs
3 clad commemoratives (1986 "immigrants")
2 U.S. large cents (1820, 1835)

Silver finds:

122 40%
17 90% (4 '64 Kens, 11 Bens, 1 Walker, 1 proof Ken)

It sure was nice to see a Walker and some Bens. It had been awhile since I had seen any of either. The large cents were a very nice surprise as well. HH everyone!

Upvote 0

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Arkie,
That was a great road trip. You got some excellent coins along with plenty of silver.
Congratulations. I couldn't be happier for you. It's out there...Trust me!
rileyboy

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice Bass Man, thats a great trip!

AgentX

Dec 21, 2010
Nice variety of coins. That definitely sounds like a fun batch to search through.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
amazing finds! huge congrats! so, did the big ol' pennies come from a bag, rolls, or loose? keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

OP
OP
A

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CHAINCHOMP said:
amazing finds! huge congrats! so, did the big ol' pennies come from a bag, rolls, or loose? keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

The largies came from a bag of halves off a coin counter.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet score. This is why I would much rather do road trips over boxes any day. You get such a better chance for variety, and boxes are just plain boring. I've found you're way less likely to get skunked, and more likely to have a great score on road trips. Even if they are small road trips. This post makes me want to hit the road, too bad I work a lot this week.

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arkie...or anyone else, that takes roadtrips for silver. Do you hit the branches only you have accounts at? Or if you see a bank, you go in? Thanks, GH.

OP
OP
A

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gilmore Happy said:
Arkie...or anyone else, that takes roadtrips for silver. Do you hit the branches only you have accounts at? Or if you see a bank, you go in? Thanks, GH.

I stop at every bank I come across. Nothing to lose as I am definitely not finding anything if I don't stop.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread