Good size nuggets still out there. 1/2 ouncer found this week.

Jachyrah

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• popcornb.jpg
    popcornb.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 86
Upvote 17

Sean Au.

May 1, 2022
Wow... Still waiting for my day to come across a nuggy nugget like that. Even a nice picker would be nice. Congrats. Were you detecting or panning...?

OP
OP
J

Jachyrah

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... Still waiting for my day to come across a nuggy nugget like that. Even a nice picker would be nice. Congrats. Were you detecting or panning...?
Panning, and picking. I saw the nugget right away after pulling a little plant out of a crevice, then cleaned out the rest of the crevice for a bunch of rice sized pickers. This particular area is worked over all the time, but I found this untouched crevice that has been buried under 4-5ft of dredge tailings until last years heavy rains exposed it. Its crazy lucky nobody touched it all summer/fall until I came across it. This was the first day I found time to prospect this year and first crevice I checked. Just 30 minutes after sun up, and I called it a day lol.

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't look like it would be worth much more then spot price, you might get 1.2, but always keep that first nugget 🤠 put it on a chain and either wear it or make it into something nice for the wife or mom. This way it turns into a family heirloom. Great find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread