Good size nuggets still out there. 1/2 ouncer found this week.

Jachyrah

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a little encouragement for the newbies. Found my first good size nugget this week. Found in a public access waterway in Cali that is not claimable. Half ounce in weight and has some little rose quartz still attached from the vein. Any idea on possible value if sold to a collector? Not selling as its cool to own a bit of history, but just curious.

Attachments

• popcornb.jpg
    popcornb.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 86
Upvote 17

Sean Au.

May 1, 2022
Wow... Still waiting for my day to come across a nuggy nugget like that. Even a nice picker would be nice. Congrats. Were you detecting or panning...?

OP
OP
J

Jachyrah

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... Still waiting for my day to come across a nuggy nugget like that. Even a nice picker would be nice. Congrats. Were you detecting or panning...?
Panning, and picking. I saw the nugget right away after pulling a little plant out of a crevice, then cleaned out the rest of the crevice for a bunch of rice sized pickers. This particular area is worked over all the time, but I found this untouched crevice that has been buried under 4-5ft of dredge tailings until last years heavy rains exposed it. Its crazy lucky nobody touched it all summer/fall until I came across it. This was the first day I found time to prospect this year and first crevice I checked. Just 30 minutes after sun up, and I called it a day lol.

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't look like it would be worth much more then spot price, you might get 1.2, but always keep that first nugget 🤠 put it on a chain and either wear it or make it into something nice for the wife or mom. This way it turns into a family heirloom. Great find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread