ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and those that do good things.

Last year we helped on a local community project about the Roman period, so the local schools can see our finds. We worked with a leading UK expert on Roman finds (he has been on many TV programmes). This top Archaeologist without our knowledge recommended our services to a landowner, as the best trusted Detectorist he had ever met. This area is full of history & they wanted us to work out whats on the land, do a presentation & display stuff in the local Hall. For this project we will be giving up about 70% of our finds, & will include a report with findings from the archives, maps we produce, plus identification. It will be quite a bit of work but its all part of giving back to the community, sharing their history, & more exposure. Who knows where this one will lead?

What I do know & preach on here, is good honest behaviour is always rewarded in our hobby. The Cru'team is proof.

At this point in time the only exploring we could do was on a river footpath & a small grass field. The grass is long but we gave it a bash (2.5 Hours):

Tudor Buckle
1929 Sixpence
Rare Brunswick Musket Ball
Henry Martini rifle cartridge (circa 1880)
1957 Half Crown
Car Keys (will try & return)
2 Broken Crotal Bells
1 Good button - bird in tree

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 126
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    204 KB · Views: 129
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Upvote 7

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats pretty cool! It proves how it pays off to be honest! Good luck for the team on new land! :hello2:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is very exciting , as you mentioned , you never know where this might lead - If you happen to be out knocking doors - asking for permission - and you show the
landowner the report on this project , could open a lot of fields to you ! Cheers ! Argentium.

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's great. I always enjoy reading your post and look forward to your future finds from the new site.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A top archaeologist would NEVER, EVER, recommend our services to anyone here in the good ole US of A.
Period.
Even if those were their car keys that were lost, and found by you.
You more than deserve the credit and honors he gave you, just wish our Archies would be so open-minded.
Keep us posted,
Carl

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I do know & preach on here, is good honest behaviour is always rewarded in our hobby.

Exactly right. It's what sets the most successful detectorists apart from the rest, and it is also partly responsible for that success.

-Buckles

The Swed Hunther

Aug 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
Xp Gold Maxx Power 18kHz
That is nice of you, and as you say, that will give you a name, (tho i think you ready have it) but still!
Exellent way to show that most of uss is serious! :hello2:

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is very exciting , as you mentioned , you never know where this might lead - If you happen to be out knocking doors - asking for permission - and you show the
landowner the report on this project , could open a lot of fields to you ! Cheers ! Argentium.

If Land-Mag knocks on new doors, he has close to a 100% record on permission, for some of the reasons already mentioned. Most detectorist would have 50% at best but more like 30%.
I don't want to give too many details on here, but this is not the normal type of land you would get permission for, so its a large feather in the cap & as you say, just talking about this project will impress many owners.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A top archaeologist would NEVER, EVER, recommend our services to anyone here in the good ole US of A.
Period.
Even if those were their car keys that were lost, and found by you.
You more than deserve the credit and honors he gave you, just wish our Archies would be so open-minded.
Keep us posted,
Carl

I understand what you are saying & you only need to go back 10 years & our Archies would be the same. Never say Never, because you have put up the barrier & not them. It takes years of trust to get where we are, & there are still MANY Archies that hate us, whatever we do, so much so, they still do not train themselves to use a detector (devils work).

It only takes a few Archies & a few Detectorist to have an open mind & the flood gates open. If you continue to think its them, then you never take the first steps.

I started by volunteering my services free of charge & gave up everything I found, even though I was on land where I had permission to keep it. This is the first steps to trust.

As I say it only takes a few of you, but it will be many years.

However, if you fail to start breaking down the barriers, its only going to go 1 way for you & I can already see it in your future. They will outlaw it, & if you have no good examples to protect yourself, then all you have in their eyes, is 'greedy robbers of our History' (how will you combat this kind of comment, think about it). It's in your hands, try or not try, I tried when all others advised otherwise, will you?

However, doing this means not being selfish, people want to keep everything, some want the money, this is the short sightedness of many a Detectorist. What I keep tring to demonstrate is that my selfishness is more than satisfied even after giving up a fair share.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly right. It's what sets the most successful detectorists apart from the rest, and it is also partly responsible for that success.

-Buckles

I know, you know the score:thumbsup:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!! Good luck next hunt.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats :thumbsup: Looks like we will be seeing some more banner posts from you guys before too long. Good luck,

Charlie

I'm not so sure on this land, as the best chances are only a couple of small ploughed fields. Although as they were Victorian Allottments, we should get something. Having said that, the land is surrounded by ancient history, so there is a chance.

The season should have started on the 10 July, but the rain has stopped the harvest...........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread