Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peeps -

I meet a friend for coffee in his neighborhood - a very urban spot. 5 banks within walking distance. Me and Sleezy C go way back, so we was interested in the CRH thing, as he saw how enthusiastic I was about the whole thing.

We hit up a few banks, and got skunked, o well.
------------------------------------------------------

On the way home, I hit a few more banks. Got 4 40%s. I think I found a new bank to go to :)

------------------------------------------------------

The next day I was planning on going to old faithful bank, about 8 miles away, and then go a more new banks in a different part of town.

First stop: Garage sale. This guy has about 500 franklin mint coins. what crap! He did, however, how a JRK tribute book for 30 bucks. I bought it. 16 dollars in clad coins - plus 7 silver JRK coins.

So I paid 14 dollars for
2 - 90%s
5 - 40%s - all 7 coins are mint state.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Then I hit up the banks. about 8 in total.

400 from the rest of a box, still machine wrapped - 1 40%
170 in CRH and teller trays : 2 - 1964s. 4 40%ers. 1 1961 dime!
Got my first roll with : 1- 1964 written on the side. It was a nice shiny 1964 ender! It had old lady hand writing - I will upload the picture of the wrapper, I am rather proud of it.

------------------------------------------------------------

1 box from the bank 6 blocks away from home

1 - 90%
1 - 40%

-------------------------------------------------------------

This weeks Numbers Summary:
--------------------
Found CRH:

1 1961 silver dime
9 40% halves
3 90% halves
----------------

I wanted to talk about my Dime Score. I was at a branch, and I have gotten a few silvers from there, so I know they are not pluckers. I asked about customer rolled dimes. The teller was kinda confused, but told me that she rolled the dimes from coins from her customers. I bought her 2 rolls, and BAM. 1 silver. I am going to be asking about these dimes a lot more in the future.

Also, a younger branch manager dude ( probibly my age - 30sih) - says he wants to bring his collection of silver certificates to me, a few bills - and his Ikes ( which I am not going to buy for a premium whats so ever )

2 dollars sounds like too much to pay for most 1 dollar silver certs - or am I being picky? Any idea what to charge a dude for unremarkable $1 silver certificates? I ebay searched, and they were going for 1-3 dollars. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice work on the little hunt...I always see what is in the vicinity as well!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
The Franklin Mint actually makes proofs for some Caribbean countries. I assume the ones there were non-coinage items.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'd pay $1.50 max for well circulated silver certificates maybe $2 if they are in really good shape... if in excellent shape(AU), i'd pay $2.50-3.00

OP
OP
CoinFetcher

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks buffboy - I want to show I am an interested customer, but don't want to overpay.

We will see what coins he has accumulated. hopefully they are not bullshiz clad ikes.

OP
OP
CoinFetcher

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRHStreet Walker - Can I pick your brain on the premiums you charge? And how many do you usually sell in a lot.

Do you get 1.5 a coin? More, less? Let me know what you have gotten in the past, if you don't mind. Spanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread