google maps-->old park-->silver ring and big ol hunk of aluminum

coiny

Jan 3, 2010
Houston, TX
google maps-->old park-->silver ring and big ol' hunk of aluminum

Well, I hunted this week-end and came up with a little money but that was it. Today, was better. Thanks again to google maps, I found an old park that I could just tell had not been hunted in a while, if at all. I actually went to three different spots today, but the old park produced the most for me.

In the first picture, some of my trash from the past few days. Next, a handle to a toy gun. I also found an old lipstick thingy. It was a little messed up when it came out of the ground. I convinced myself that there was something hidden inside so I tried to force it with pliers but I just ended up scratching and bending it. I finally poked a hole in the bottom with a screwdriver. No, there is nothing good inside. I found the lighter in the picture at my first spot.

Next, the clad I found. Sometimes I find a coin that was hit by the mower, today I found 11 that were in that condition. I thought that was kind of odd. I just realized that I did not find any wheaties. I am thinking the park has been detected but not for 20 years or so. One other thing about this park, there are some old pull tabs but none of the new ones. Also, the cans I found are the old kind. I feel like the park was hunted for silver but not gold.

The triangle thing is probably the biggest hunk of aluminum I have ever found. That is a quarter in the picture next to it. And finally, the little silver ring. It says "STERLING - ESPO" on the inside. I researched it and found that there is a jeweler named Joseph Esposito that produced the thing. He has been making jewelry since the 50s I think but I cannot tell if it is vintage or not. Either way, I am happy.

Oh yeah, someone mentioned searching the edges of parks so I have been trying it. That is how I got the ring today so thanks whoever recommended that!

Attachments

• trash.JPG
    trash.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 93
  • toygun.JPG
    toygun.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 83
  • lipstick.JPG
    lipstick.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 90
  • ring.JPG
    ring.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 2

John_Deere

Mar 7, 2013
Fredericksburg
Detector(s) used
Personal: Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Family: White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Looks like a good spot to me! Congrats and HH!

OP
OP
C

coiny

Jan 3, 2010
Houston, TX
You are correct! Thanks for the id! It appears to be the handle to a 1960 Hubley rodeo.

Attachments

• hubleyrodeo1960.jpg
    hubleyrodeo1960.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 85

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread