Gorgeous Colorado Agate Beaver lake

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Beaver Lake1.jpg Beaver Lake2.jpg I really love this piece. Colorful Colorado Agate Beaver Lake with heavy patina and minerals. Absolutely gorgeous in hand and under the scope. Happy Holidays everyone!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Duh.png

DANG, but that's purdy!! ...Gonna have Santa slip it in my stocking this year?? :laughing7:

chase2

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Colorado material, but point was picked up in Missouri. The plot thickens.

That is like no lithc I have seen in Colorado. Do you know where the source is in Colorado. I have hunted most all areas there, with campsites containing a plethora of different lithics from various sources in and around the adjacent states.

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
California's "Mojave Blue" agate has gained a great deal of attention in the past several years. This pastel blue or blue-gray agate cuts into attractive cabochons for jewelry and, in the hands of an expert carver, makes outstanding carvings.
Colorado and Utah have deposits of fine quality jasper, agate, petrified wood, and agatized dinosaur bone. These deposits are found over a large area of both States and on both sides of the continental divide in Colorado.
Colorado agate.jpg Google - Images of Colorado Agate. This is just one of the plethora you mentioned.

chase2

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You’re right; the plot thickens however the story line is getting a bit thin.

Thank you 11KBP, LMAO you did that so well! how are you doing?

chase2

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have hunted artifacts over fifty years in a location such as Colorado and dont see that lithic and I mean all parts of the state I don't believe you. I looked at the images for the link you provided and no you're full of sh!t

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh brother - Lot's of armchair authenticators here. As such historians and the only people in the world that have real artifacts or real stories i am truly amazed at your knowledge. I have posted many,many personal finds on here and you discredit them which tells me that you are the ones that are full of ....! I really don't care what you think. One thing though - If you are so good and you are the only people ever to have genuine artifacts - Why do you not do it for a living - Why have i or anyone else not on this sight heard of you? The reason is that you are not as good as you think you are. I admit that you guys have some beautiful artifacts - But the difference between you and i is that i will only commend you and encourage with my comments and you guys discredit and slander because they were not found by you and are not owned by you so you lash out and discredit. I am very happy with my collection which continues to impress other KNOWN collectors from many different states. Once again, you do not have to view them.

Buckleberry

Sep 4, 2010
I have posted many,many personal finds on here and you discredit them which tells me that you are the ones that are full of ....! I really don't care what you think...blah, bah, blah

Also i NEVER downplay or DEGRADE someones posts,. I guess there is a difference in character between us. -mogi

Meh, so much for taking the higher road AND not posting anymore eh, Got Character?
Say what you mean AND mean what you say.

As long as you continue to post VERY questionable artifacts people will question them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Dear sir - The reason i decided to continue with my posts is because many people on this site reached out to me and asked me to do so. There are also comments such as - This site has always been like this, which tells me alot about your character. You sir have never,never even seen one of my artifacts - You have never,never examined them. But once again you call them questionable because you do not own them. If they were yours the authenticity of said artifacts would be quite different. I could care less about being in your little click. When someone examines my artifacts and offers to pay thousands for them then either said collectors are either very stupid or maybe, just maybe what i am trying to share with you is very,very authentic! Just things to consider.

chase2

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First I don't authenticate and especially from a pic. I have examined and handled hundreds of thousands of artifacts. I have seen many other Colorado collections from many hunters. Jealousy has never been about what its about for me. I don't possess their artifacts and its all about admiration of what others have found. I have no desire to make a living as a professional, but do work with them on retaining the past. The many many campsites throughout Colorado the I have seen and the debitage of millions of flakes and not one of that color. you want me to believe that the stone came from Colorado and ended up in Missouri has a G10 Beaver Lake Sorry I am not buying what your shoveling.
And as for your posts I will cease to partake in viewing any of them.
Regards
Chase

Buckleberry

Sep 4, 2010
Dear sir - The reason i decided to continue with my posts is because many people on this site reached out to me and asked me to do so. There are also comments such as - This site has always been like this, which tells me alot about your character. You sir have never,never even seen one of my artifacts - You have never,never examined them. But once again you call them questionable because you do not own them. If they were yours the authenticity of said artifacts would be quite different. I could care less about being in your little click. When someone examines my artifacts and offers to pay thousands for them then either said collectors are either very stupid or maybe, just maybe what i am trying to share with you is very,very authentic! Just things to consider.
I'm getting tired of you questioning MY character when you're the one posting outrageous "artifacts", no one has ever questioned the authenticity of a single artifact I've posted here or another site I frequent ( which I highly suggest you avoid as you will not be welcome there posting these hammer quality "artifacts" likely made within the past few years). It is people like you that drive the artifakes market and either collude with or encourage reproductions marked as authentic that rip people off.

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
First I don't authenticate and especially from a pic. I have examined and handled hundreds of thousands of artifacts. I have seen many other Colorado collections from many hunters. Jealousy has never been about what its about for me. I don't possess their artifacts and its all about admiration of what others have found. I have no desire to make a living as a professional, but do work with them on retaining the past. The many many campsites throughout Colorado the I have seen and the debitage of millions of flakes and not one of that color. you want me to believe that the stone came from Colorado and ended up in Missouri has a G10 Beaver Lake Sorry I am not buying what your shoveling.
And as for your posts I will cease to partake in viewing any of them.
Regards
Chase

Thank you, because i am not trying to sell you anything. I do love the first line - I Dont' Authenticate. Do you think you are they only person who has held arrowheads,hunted for years,studied and am vigilant about retaining history. Sir, if you do not think there were trade routes, and that a material from lets say Colorado could end up in Missouri then maybe it is me who is not buying what your shoveling.

chase2

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What it boils down two is not allowing a person posting artifakes and and go unquestioned for all new people that are just getting started in this hobby. As far as trade routes the rivers were the NA's super highway and I have found lithics from hundreds of miles away from the source. I stand in awe of the knowledge of other collectors, and fully aware the amount of handling they done themselves. I can say with certainty, if you end up on another forum site you wont be there long.

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
What it boils down two is not allowing a person posting artifakes and and go unquestioned for all new people that are just getting started in this hobby. As far as trade routes the rivers were the NA's super highway and I have found lithics from hundreds of miles away from the source. I stand in awe of the knowledge of other collectors, and fully aware the amount of handling they done themselves. I can say with certainty, if you end up on another forum site you wont be there long.

Unquestioned? Is this an interrogation forum? Once again, i have posted many,many personal finds and the story and they were discredited. So, why say anything. Just post the artifact,material and area. You and your buddies will immediately start your No one has real artifacts except for me and if i dont like the story then its fake. And especially when someone brings much better toys to the yard. Also, If the rivers were the only trade routes then why look for artifacts anywhere but along rivers. I have found countless artifacts not even close to rivers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread