Got a first today...foreign silver!

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Went through two bags of half-dollars today. Skunked on halves but I did find this 1952 one Gulden Netherlands Antillen coin! A little smaller than a half and it is 72% silver I believe, but I'd take that over a '64 any day

image.jpg

image.jpg

Upvote 0

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! I love foreign silver. To me, it feels more like treasure than US coins.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Cool!...and its an older one too!....I remember my first "foreign" Silver...a 1968 Canadian Quater...lol..it was only 50% , but I was still happy with it.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first foreign silver was a 1963 decimo de balboa from Panama

Golden Eagle

May 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first foreign silver was a 50% silver dine from Canada.

OP
OP
mAGma

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Couldn't really get a pic of it, but the sides of the coin are really cool too. There's actually lettering going around the side of the coin, similar to one of those modern 'gold' dollars. Pretty cool for '52

hrnewsome

Jun 19, 2013
Congrats, that's a cool coin!

If I don't find silver it's not because I'm not looking!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Couldn't really get a pic of it, but the sides of the coin are really cool too. There's actually lettering going around the side of the coin, similar to one of those modern 'gold' dollars. Pretty cool for '52

I've always liked the "God Zij Met Ons" inscription on all Dutch coins. It means "God be with us."

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Other than Canadian coins, is there a good web site that can give the coin composition of nearly all foreign made coins? Granted you would have to be able to ID the coin (country type denomination year).

OP
OP
mAGma

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I've always liked the "God Zij Met Ons" inscription on all Dutch coins. It means "God be with us."

Cool, yeah that's what it says. Didn't know that's what it meant tho or that it was on all of their coins

OP
OP
mAGma

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Other than Canadian coins, is there a good web site that can give the coin composition of nearly all foreign made coins? Granted you would have to be able to ID the coin (country type denomination year).

I just google what the coins says. Never had a problem IDing a coin

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool!!! The largest foreign silver I have found is a canadian quarter...

Awesome find!

HH

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

numista.com is pretty good, but has some flaws sometimes. The Krause books have the best info, but are expensive. I have all of them, so you can ask me for any info from them and I should be able to give it to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions